Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,549   Online: 797

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I can't wait to try the cool tone in selenium. I'm hoping for all things cold/blue.
    Break out the SE6/3!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any insight as to how these papers will Lith?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks you Simon & Ilford

Cooltone RC has long been a favourite but I always want to print in FB where possible - so thank you, thank you

And just when I thought Christmas had come early, Cooltone FB is going to be available in a wider range of large sizes.

Now, I just need to write to Santa......

Martin

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ilford-I was missing Forte Polygrade but now I just might die with a smile on my face after all
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just thinking out loud. Looking at the data and the curves, I find the paper not too dissimilar to Kentmere VC Fineprint. Mmm, just thinking out loud.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Just thinking out loud. Looking at the data and the curves, I find the paper not too dissimilar to Kentmere VC Fineprint. Mmm, just thinking out loud.
    Interesting comment which I have seen on another forum based largely in the U.K.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    ...Looking at the data and the curves, I find the paper not too dissimilar to Kentmere VC Fineprint...
    I don't see much similarity. Compare curves and dmax:

Multigrade FB Cooltone seems to top out at 2.0 and exhibits much less toe compared to Fineprint VC FB, which goes to 2.2.

ISO contrast ranges by numbered filter are rather different, as are their ISO speeds. While HARMAN might have incorporated aspects of Fineprint's characteristics into Cooltone, it seems very unlikely that this new paper is simply Fineprint re-packaged.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Thanks Ilford-I was missing Forte Polygrade but now I just might die with a smile on my face after all
    The one thing I loved about polygrade was how it turns the most beautiful cold chocolate color in selenium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it Cooltone that's like Fineprint or the revised MG Classic? I'd think the latter - Fineprint could yield a cool tone but from what I've heard was more of a neutral to coolish paper that could be coaxed colder, rather than "born cold."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would expect Ilford Multigrade Cooltone FB to have the same emulsion as their Cooltone RC paper which is a different beast altogether than Kentmere Fineprint and VC Select.

Multigrade Cooltone RC was introduced by Ilford well before they bought out Kentmere papers. If the FB paper is like the RC paper, then those wanting a true cold tone paper are in for a treat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin