Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,677   Online: 897

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I don't see much similarity. Compare curves and dmax:

Multigrade FB Cooltone seems to top out at 2.0 and exhibits much less toe compared to Fineprint VC FB, which goes to 2.2.

ISO contrast ranges by numbered filter are rather different, as are their ISO speeds. While HARMAN might have incorporated aspects of Fineprint's characteristics into Cooltone, it seems very unlikely that this new paper is simply Fineprint re-packaged.

Exactly, a different emulsion altogether than the Kentmere papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Know what would be really cool [pun intended?] If they took the occasion of bringing out Cooltone paper in FB to also bring back Harman Cooltone Developer. It was discussed here before and I believe Simon brought it up but it was turned down. Now would be a great time, to go with the new paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Any insight as to how these papers will Lith?
    Tim Rudman has tested them and they don't. He will be publishing a review of the papers very soon in his newsletter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by trotkiller View Post
    Tim Rudman has tested them and they don't. He will be publishing a review of the papers very soon in his newsletter
    Oh, well. Looks like we can't have everything then! Still, a good range of high quality FB papers which respond well to toning isn't bad.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    35mm RF

What developer?

Yes it would be great if the Cooltone developer was also broght back by Ilford. That would seal the deal and make life simple.

However...assuming they dont bring it back...can Ilford at least say which existing developers give the coldest results. Ilford Multigrade? Dekton? Edwal Ultra Black? ???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford is probably going to recommend only their own developers. Since I use LPD I'll try it in that, maybe 1+1 (for the powder mix.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They might update the RC line of papers (IV RC DELUXE and IV RC PORTFOLIO) in the near future to match their CLASSIC FB paper.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Developer

Roger

You are of course right that Ilford will probably only recommend their own developer...but as a counter example i remember my favorite paper of all time, Forte Polygrade, came with instructions recommending Dektol for neutral, Zonal for cool, and Edwal Ultra Black for cold tone.

Now, it is true Forte didn't have its own developer (although there did seem to be a partnership with Zonal), but nonetheless what a fantastic way to respect its customers to give this information.

Of course if Ilford offers its cool tone developer they needn't bother - i think we would all gladly use it - but if not info on different developers would really be appreciated...just like Forte

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Robbins View Post
    Oh, well. Looks like we can't have everything then! Still, a good range of high quality FB papers which respond well to toning isn't bad.
    Yes, and Ilford already created the perfect paper with Galerie. Has everything except being VC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Yes, and Ilford already created the perfect paper with Galerie. Has everything except being VC.
    Gallerie liths?

Serious question - I've never lith printed and haven't used Gallerie (or indeed any grades paper) in decades and I understand that was a rather different Gallerie but in context of this discussion it made me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin