Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,074   Online: 1065

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Gallerie liths?

Serious question - I've never lith printed and haven't used Gallerie (or indeed any grades paper) in decades and I understand that was a rather different Gallerie but in context of this discussion it made me wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Roger -

I didn't have much luck getting Galerie to Lith but it tones beautifully!
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe this is their replacement for KENTMERE Fineprint VC FB.
    It was always a cooler tone paper.
    see http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...y-limited.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may have spoken too soon, Roger... Ilfobrom (galerie predessor) liths well. I thought galerie was the same formula renamed. I have a pack of galerie to open when my ilfobrom runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Ilford is probably going to recommend only their own developers. Since I use LPD I'll try it in that, maybe 1+1 (for the powder mix.)
    I hope you will report your findings as I would like to try that if others have good results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

First of all, thanks for all the positive feedback, greatly appreciated :

I will get round to answering most questions over the next day or so if you have them, I have been on vacation for a week, hence why someone else posted the launch news on the APUG site...I did'nt forget you !.

I have been living with the development of our new FB range for nearly two year's, its been very exciting, I have to say they are easy to print with, just faster, and having seen the CLASSIC D.Max it knocks you out it really does....and I know it sounds daft but they really do look sharper ( and they are ) we look forward to all your feedback when you get a chance to use them.

As to FB COOLTONE, I personally have always preferred Cooler Images, with discernable grain as opposed to Warmer, Grain free images. But this is why it was so important to have a WARM / NUETRAL and COOL TONE family of products, using different devs you can now get 9 degrees of separation from WARM WARM to COOL COOL dependant on dev choices... yes our COOLTONE dev is currently unavailable, but other makes of chemistry are available ! and Edwal is great, Moersch is great Tetenal is great, so we are lucky to have so much choice.

Choice.....thats what its all really about, 20 years ago we had lots of FB papers to choose from to give us the 'look' we wanted, now not so many but with our new range and those from other makers we can still get an end result we can be happy with to suite our personal tastes...

The monochrome FB print from a film neg, is and will remain the ultimate expression of our craft after of course the shutter is opened and closed...

Finally, yes, CLASSIC is the same price as the product it replaces and COOLTONE is the same price as CLASSIC not WARMTONE, that price has also not changed but was always higher than MGIVFB.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

. yes our COOLTONE dev is currently unavailable,
    I wonder what we should read into the word "currently?" I'd prefer not to have to read anything into it, Simon, and get it wrong. Maybe there is nothing to read into it but could you clarify whether the resurrection of Ilford CT dev remains on a "still being reviewed" list or can I add " and will not be in the future" to the phrase "currently unavailable"

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even if they have decided not to bring it back now, I'd hate to see "and won't be in the future." They could change their minds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    From a marketing perspective and emotionally we would make another make today, sadly though our FD has no emotion in relation to photographic products, or any other products that do not produce an 'adequate' return on investment...and that is non-negotioable so 'no comment'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well...might the introduction of Cooltone in FB drive a demand for it? You do have a "matching" WT developer for the WT paper (which I use, and it's excellent with your paper.)

The only thing that kept me from trying Cooltone RC paper was that it was not available in 16x20 so I didn't want to get addicted to a paper I couldn't get for my largest prints. With the FB being available in 16x20 (and even 20x24 though that's currently irrelevant for me) that's changed and I'll be trying out some of the Cooltone FB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't wait to see some results of the new cool tone paper. And to have a standard Multigrade paper that is sharper than the current version will be a benefit. I have loved printing on Ilford Multigrade paper for a long time, but always observed that the shadows were not as articulated as with most other papers, such as Forte Polygrade IV or Agfa MCC111/118. It doesn't really matter, but any improvement in this area will make the paper even better and more enjoyable.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin