Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,034   Online: 876

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sweet mother of God... You people that take pictures of children for a living have my undying admiration and respect. These were my children and i thought my head was going to explode. Three rolls of delta 3200 and one of tri-x and i will be stunned if I got anything worth using. The upside is that the DIY studio is awesome and my test run with the new lights went well. So...live and learn. Then put the kids to bed and hide out in the darkroom drinking Malbec, eating twizzlers, and developing film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having tried to photograph my active 3 year old recently, I wonder if giving them the Malbec first is the way to go.

Just kidding! But….

I do think kids act better for cameras when it isn't mom or dad doing the shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ruby, don't wait till almost bedtime to photograph them. They are more apt to be tired and uncooperative. Get them in to be photographed morning or mid day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyfalls View Post
    ..... These were my children and i thought my head was going to explode. Tapatalk
    I have become the undisputed master of the "blurry ear" image!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Medium Format

In a world without Tri-X...

Much sound advice on photographing children. Mine are 2, 5, and 14 and I really only subject them to planned group shots once a year. The oldest (who also is an analog shooter!) can be easily bribed to sit with promises of film. The other two are pretty much catch as catch can. Here is a shot of my oldest:

You can probably guess this is tri-x. Was also still adjusting a bit to the change from 6x6 to 645. All that extra space!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    I have become the undisputed master of the "blurry ear" image!
    Ha ha! About half of my shots of my five-year-old are mostly a blur of hair and fabric. She likes to spin.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ha ha! About half of my shots of my five-year-old are mostly a blur of hair and fabric. She likes to spin.

1/500th a second and D3200....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    1/500th a second and D3200....
    Ha ha - now I have 4 rolls of exposed D3200 queued up for development. Just waiting for some free time. Usually I can work late at night when everyone else is sleeping, but it is about 55 F in my darkroom right now.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ha ha - now I have 4 rolls of exposed D3200 queued up for development. Just waiting for some free time. Usually I can work late at night when everyone else is sleeping, but it is about 55 F in my darkroom right now.

Wait you shot these a while ago? Or you actually took my advice? Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Space heaters. I have an electric oil filled radiator type that keeps my darkroom comfy all winter. No AC for summer though when temps even in my basement can be in the upper 70s.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin