Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,152   Online: 1014

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    In the 1970s and 1980s, I used to sell Tri-X and Plus-X at a department store.
    Along with Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Kodacolour, 3M slide film, Polaroid SX70 and other films, house brand films .....
    No Fuji though.
    Yes, I did a stint in department Store Camera land myself. We HAD Fujicolour and fujichrome, even some GAF colour. (The only C-22 size 110 film I have ever seen.) Also AGFA CNS. The Lab we dealt with was the official lab for that non-standard process.

For a while the buyer had a deal to get grey market Kodak Limited Film from the UK as it was cheaper than the film from Kodak Canada. That suddenly stopped after a visit from the Kodak Canada rep. I only bought a few rolls of the UK stuff but they were still re-loadable when the Canadian and US ones were crimped.

Funny thing was we could send a roll of slide film (AnscoChrome, or E6 ) out before the pickup at 4 Pm and it would be returned by the 4 pm Pickup the next day. (lab sent someone to swap the pickup bag every day)

Of course working with Cameras all doy the last thing I wanted to do on my day off was to even think about taking pictures.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    As I mentioned I still see Tri-X at CVS/Walgreen/Rite Aide, just gotta go to the ghetto and you'll find some

And Ruby, did he finally get it? Were you able to at least convince him to take a roll to try? I would buy one just to make him do it
    No - I'm just holding on to it until I have a pile of c41 120 to send out to the Darkroom. I don't shoot colour very often, but when i do, i send it out to those good souls. Not much more expensive than a Walgreen's and they will pull or push as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    I am ordering Ilford as often as I can. They are the ones who are still committed to black and white so I want to support them any way I can.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Attachment 77983

I get away with filling most of the freezer because it's at work, and we don't need the freezer for much at work. Maybe some ice for iced coffee or Jim Beam once in a while and some BBQ leftovers. Keeping the freezer and fridge full is more efficient than empty.
    What the heck? You're wasting valuable freezer space with food?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin