Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,844   Online: 874

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    more importantly, I think, is that Eeyore is a "cup half empty" kinda guy.
    Plus, his tail is always falling off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    That's also my excuse for when the missus can't fit any shopping in the freezer, "but honey, I NEED those 50 rolls of bulk-loaded 135 TXP, those 15 rolls in 120, and that pack of 50 sheets". If it were gone for good, I'd just use up what I've got and move to HP5 and TMY, I'm not so picky about 'tones' as others, I just shoot the stuff.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131204_154528.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	77983

I get away with filling most of the freezer because it's at work, and we don't need the freezer for much at work. Maybe some ice for iced coffee or Jim Beam once in a while and some BBQ leftovers. Keeping the freezer and fridge full is more efficient than empty.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

In a world without Tri-X...

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    more importantly, I think, is that Eeyore is a "cup half empty" kinda guy.

But also importantly he is a likable character...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131204_154528.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	77983

I get away with filling most of the freezer because it's at work, and we don't need the freezer for much at work. Maybe some ice for iced coffee or Jim Beam once in a while and some BBQ leftovers. Keeping the freezer and fridge full is more efficient than empty.
    Is that ektachrome sheet?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    That's funny. I have the exact opposite experience. Tri-X is far less forgiving with exposure, while TMY records 14 stops linear!
    But Tri-X is far more forgiving in development, reacting less prominently to agitation changes, etc.
    Sorry -- that is what I meant. I thought something seemed off with my reply, but I was pretty wiped out last night (as in tired).

Tri-X less forgiving in exposure than TMax, but more forgiving in development.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Pretty sure ilford could step up production rather quickly, remember kodak's machine can do a years run in 1-2 days, so even at full production ilford could run their machines to keep up with new demand. I'm sure they produce in batches like kodak (though not in one day) so I'm sure they could.
    You are a person of many many opinions. Thanks for the disclaimer.

Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

In a world without Tri-X...

There's no way to know for sure looking from the outside in but I suspect that Ilford wants to see Kodak survive much in the way Ford wants GM to survive. If one goes down many suppliers likely go too and the whole industry goes into shock. I don't wish to think about it really.
    Last edited by erikg; 12-05-2013 at 02:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    There's no way to know for sure looking from the outside in but I suspect that Ilford wants to see Kodak survive much in the way Ford wants GM to survive. If one goes down many suppliers likely go too and the whole industry goes into shock. I don't wish to think about really.
    Exactly!

For every job that was lost in Detroit during the last recession, ten jobs were lost at those companies that supplied all of the manufacturers with parts. It has a magnified ripple effect.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    hi dude
    get a larger fridge I've still got 220 trix left & cans of 5222
    try forma 400 & 200
    read to 2nd page of link
    http://www.awh-imaging.co.uk/barrythornton/2bath.htm
    borax is cheap if Ansell used it... we can too
    micro scales with 0.01 gm resolution are cheap brew up own witch spells if shop runs out
    This kinda blew my mind. I've got so much to learn - which I find appealing rather than daunting. I've thought about taking a photography course at the local uni, but then I wonder if my time and money would be better served continuing as I have been. Basically giving myself "assignments" and studying what interests me. The library and the internet have gotten me this far...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The library is good just looking at Ansells photos gives us all a goal to aim at.

Adding a Borax bath after any developer will help any inadvertent underexposure.

But I think the story about one of the other self taught female photographers was when a photographer asked how she got the grain in her photos, the answer I drop the film off at the local shop.

So don't get worried about details if it works.

You are right to be worried about trix, however eg Ilford and Forma produce acceptable alternatives. But you don't need to jump into the lifeboat on the Titanic unless she bumps into a berg.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin