Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,467   Online: 914

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    The library is good just looking at Ansells photos gives us all a goal to aim at.

Adding a Borax bath after any developer will help any inadvertent underexposure.

But I think the story about one of the other self taught female photographers was when a photographer asked how she got the grain in her photos, the answer I drop the film off at the local shop.

So don't get worried about details if it works.

You are right to be worried about trix, however eg Ilford and Forma produce acceptable alternatives. But you don't need to jump into the lifeboat on the Titanic unless she bumps into a berg.

Is this true about borax and under exposure? Does this JUST bring up the shadows? Or could it potentially blow highlights too?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I had to look that up. A donkey?? Just today you were calling me an elephant. I'd have preferred that as it fits much better. There's not a bit of donkey in me.
    But Tom, Eeyore is so beguiling .

Whenever I read a fractious APUG thread I'm likely to think that a lot of people here need to read some of Winnie the Pooh.

Or alternatively, "The Tao of Pooh": http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes...he-tao-of-pooh
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I had to look that up. A donkey?? Just today you were calling me an elephant. I'd have preferred that as it fits much better. There's not a bit of donkey in me.
    Haha Tom! How can you not know AA Milne! (Winnie the Pooh author)

And who doesn't know Eeyore? Lol

Anyway this is a beloved character, basically all characters in this series have a personality trait, it subconsciously teaches kids about accepting different types of people while making every character lovable.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Haha Tom! How can you not know AA Milne! (Winnie the Pooh author)

And who doesn't know Eeyore? Lol

Anyway this is a beloved character, basically all characters in this series have a personality trait, it subconsciously teaches kids about accepting different types of people while making every character lovable.
    But do you know where the name "Winnie" comes from?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    I never learned about winnie the pooh. We had Sally, Dick, and Jane in school and then we moved on to regular books. WP wasn't popular around here that I ever heard about till at least the late 60's I suppose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it would stink if film stocks we all love went away
    but we would somehow deal
    and it would be a drag if K went down for the dirtnap

i don't want to think about it either.

===
    i don't think about what emulsion i use, i just stick something in my camera and sunny 8 it..

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    more importantly, I think, is that Eeyore is a "cup half empty" kinda guy.
    and a raincloud over his head much the way pigpen in charlie brown has a dust-cloud around him ..

Shooter
    Large Format
    To me, it's just half a cup. Never consider it one way or the other. I go around with a mortgage over my head and ink-stained hands to pay it

Matt, I think only us Western Canadians know the answer to that question...

As far as Tri-X availability, I don't think users have much to worry about. I'm sure it'll be around for a long time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    49°53′58″N 97°08′21″W ?

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    49°53′58″N 97°08′21″W ?

Ken
    50 below? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgjD8wdNzo
    Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin