Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,049   Online: 1020

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Thanks, but I never liked story books. Always preferred books where you could learn how to do something.
    Reading Pooh teaches some of the most important lessons in life that there are to learn. If everyone took those lessons to heart, the world would be a far less contentious place in which to live.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Reading Pooh teaches some of the most important lessons in life that there are to learn. If everyone took those lessons to heart, the world would be a far less contentious place in which to live.

Ken
    +1.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ken
    Agreed, those books can teach you a LOT about how to do things, and not just how to get honey from the honey bee's but how to treat people and how to interact etc... Perhaps I should have read them even more
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ken
    +1

My mom read Pooh books to me as a child at bedtime. And has always called me Pooh. My son is more like Tigger (the bouncy part especially) and I can't wait 'til he likes them enough (not sure what age is best - he's still into board books).

Shooter
    35mm
    Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh stories was modeled after a real person - Christopher Robin Milne, who is A.A. Milne's son.

I set up our home network when the kids were little and very much into Pooh. So the network has a Winnie the Pooh theme. It's the Hundred Acre Wood, and the computers have names which are names of characters from the books. The network started with two computers, whose names were Kanga (for the parents) and Roo (for the kids).

My daughter loved Pooh when she was little, and my son loved Tigger. Fitting that he should have loved Tigger, because he's such a bouncy kid, even though he's now a teenager.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Christopher Robin in the Winnie the Pooh stories was modeled after a real person - Christopher Robin Milne, who is A.A. Milne's son.

I set up our home network when the kids were little and very much into Pooh. So the network has a Winnie the Pooh theme. It's the Hundred Acre Wood, and the computers have names which are names of characters from the books. The network started with two computers, whose names were Kanga (for the parents) and Roo (for the kids).

My daughter loved Pooh when she was little, and my son loved Tigger. Fitting that he should have loved Tigger, because he's such a bouncy kid, even though he's now a teenager.
    Just found put my GF dislikes whinnie the pooh because as a kid she thought the stories were boring...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Just found put my GF dislikes whinnie the pooh because as a kid she thought the stories were boring...
    They probably are. We got all of life's lessons anybody needs in Sunday school, and that was only an hour a week. Enough for anybody.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    we are slipping into a children's world where the hero had a headache from physical torture...

bump bump on each stair step...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    I'm surprised that you couldn't find Tri-X film. A quick check shows that it's available at Freestyle in 100' rolls for 35mm, in 24 and 36 exposure for 35mm rolls, and in 120 format. Great prices too. I like HP5, and it looks fine in Acufine and D76. While the negs look different than Tri-X, the prints are close enough. Tri-X is such a wonderful film that I'm sure someone will continue to make it even if Kodak goes away. Kodak could sell that formula for a ton of money.
    I went looking for Tri-X in 120 size here in Tokyo. No luck finding any in the largest Yobodashi store so I bought a box of TMax 400.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay y'all - wish me luck! DIY studio is up and ready to go. Fingers crossed, the tiny humans will give me something to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin