Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,081   Online: 1119

Thread: Freezing Azo

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Freezing Azo

I have just taken delivery of large quantity of 12”x10” Azo which has an expiry date of 10/04. To keep the paper in prime condition I intend on freezing it. Do the boxes need to be put into plastic bags & sealed, before being placed into my freezer?

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Forrester
    I have just taken delivery of large quantity of 12”x10” Azo which has an expiry date of 10/04. To keep the paper in prime condition I intend on freezing it. Do the boxes need to be put into plastic bags & sealed, before being placed into my freezer?

Andrew

I'd do it just as a precaution against unwanted frost or something. Also, I don't know how the new Azo is, but I have some from the 30's or 40's that has never seen the inside of a freezer and prints as well as or better than some of the newer stuff.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpixels5
    I'd do it just as a precaution against unwanted frost or something. Also, I don't know how the new Azo is, but I have some from the 30's or 40's that has never seen the inside of a freezer and prints as well as or better than some of the newer stuff.
    My knee jerk response is, "Are you kidding?"

Sorry, don't intend to make light of a sincere question, but I finished a box of 4x5 azo just 2 years ago, that had expired on my birthday... the original one. (at the time, 41 years ago). No fogging. This paper is so incredibly slow that I would recommend just keeping it dry and cool.

My 2[size=4][size=2]¢. [/size][/size]
    [size=4][size=2][/size][/size]
    [size=4]
    [/size]
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin