Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,318   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    If any of you are wondering why I changed the Acros speed from 100 to 200, go to this link for Geoffrey Crawley's explanation:

http://www.patersonphotographic.com/...y/neopan50.pdf

Images
    Color is not a reliable indication of the condition of an ascorbate developer. In a PQ developer it is the hydroquinone that oxidizes to the red-brown color. I think dehydroascorbic acid is clear. I could be wrong. There's a first time for everything. I'm not, however, claiming that it would be my first time.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you think that 3 different developers in 3 days is overkill :-)

And why deliberately under expose your Ilford film, (they manufacture the B&W for Fuji), most users would actually cut the Ilford ISO rating to get better tonality.

So your probably under exposing by almost 2 stops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    since FX-50 is made in England, it, too, contains no buffers
    That's a very sweeping statement, as until last year Ilford & Kodak manufactured chemicals here, and Ilford may again. Knowing Crawleys concoctions you're probably right though.

If you boil your water any dissolved Chlorine will disapate

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    I just woke up and thus haven't performed a distilled water test. Nevertheless, with a fresh mind this morning, I now have to suspect that both the TD-16 and the FX-50 (powders and liquids, respectively) are going bad. Stay tuned.
    From reading what you have posted here and in other threads, I think that a big part of yer problem is that you jump around from one film and developer combination to the next without taking the time to learn what your materials are capable of. How can you expect to get good results when you don't know what your materials are doing. Why not stick with one developer and one or two films and get to know them inside and out, and then go out and shoot those awsome photos waiting out there for the photographer who has his technique nailed down.

Grunt
    Last edited by Grunthos; 02-06-2005 at 10:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    Yes, indeed. Remember the lesson of Maury Amsterdam, cellist and comedian. He was playing the same note on his cello over and over. Someone asked him why he did that when all the other cellists played lots of different notes. He said "All those other guys are looking for the right note. I found it."
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin