Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,358   Online: 1012

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thank you for your answer, Richard!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi qualsound,

Sorry I didn't see your question until now, fell off the APUG My Posts screen somehow...

Richard is right, the reason your earlier 4-stops-underexposed tests never reached zero is that you have Base+Fog included in the density you plotted. I prefer to take out Base+Fog from my graphs but do not want to contradict Ralph Lambrecht who prefers to keep these values embedded. It's his spreadsheet so keep it that way, but that's why your curves do not touch zero.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nevermind bill! thank you for clarifying...i just wanted to be sure that 0.12 for 5.5 minutes in ID-11 1:1 is kind of a "normal" B+F density for a hp5...
    ..knowing that i can hopefully carry on my film-tests...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can fix/wash/dry a piece of film to separate Base from Fog. 0.12 is reasonable Base+Fog for any process. You can probably find base density in the specifications or ask Ilford. 35mm often has a gray base to improve antihalation. 120 and sheet film is usually clear, but even "clear" often measures about 0.05 on my densitometer. (That would mean your Fog might be 0.07 which isn't awful).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin