Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,782   Online: 901

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It doesn't matter. Not even a bit.

Either you're good at making photographs, or you're not. The film? Not worth thinking too much about.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know that it matters a great deal to me. I do prefer "conventional" emulsions better than t-grain, but I do like both. With experience, I'm sure I will learn which to use depending on what I am looking for in the final print, but I will still use both - just in a more deliberate manner.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post

Either you're good at making photographs, or you're not. The film? Not worth thinking too much about.
    +1
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Natural? Integrity? Grains in the same direction?? When you post things like this are you actually serious?
    Oh yes.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Films are as good as their users and poor workmen blame their tools. There aren't nay poor films available these days they are all cpable of excellent results once you tame them.

Ian
    True... I've found that the times I've not liked the results of new (to me) materials, it's always because of a lack of effort, and work, on my part. When I don't put in the time, I don't get the results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

It just reminds me of the Miyamoto Musashi saying: “Do nothing that is of no use”.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use two black and white films - Plus-X and TMY-2.

When my Plus-X is gone, I'll transition to T-Max.

Both Plus-X and TMY-2 appeal to my sensibilities. I will have to work a bit, but I'm sure T-Max will be fine too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If I may amend this statement just a bit, Thomas... The film is not worth thinking too much about "once you get to know it". It's at this point that you can concentrate on making good photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no film that is natural or has integrity. Closest thing might be moss on the north side of a tree.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    There is no film that is natural or has integrity. Closest thing might be moss on the north side of a tree.
    I suppose a good analogy would be is it OK to have a tooth filling or a face lift?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin