Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,822   Online: 903

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This one time I heard that artists could make great images with a technique called pointillism. Horses for courses and to each their own. The only film that matters is the one that works for you and is in your cameras
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    in my view TMax 400 was probably the best &Wfilm ever madein 120. virtually no grain up to 11x14 enlargements.
    I agree. I couldn't care less about grain, but the tonal qualities of TMY are amazing.
    Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have only fount that Tri-X was the most forgiving of my incredibly stupid errors ...
    I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger. ("Oohlala, by the Small Faces").

I plan to make up for it by the time I''m 84 ...

Bob Slaughter (megzdad81)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Each to his own......the photograph is hopefully remembered long after the camera used and the film it was taken on are long forgotten.

I don't think that the technological leap that 'T Grain' films gave us should be underestimated though... PE will keep me right here but this originally came out of developments of colour emulsions, more efficient use of raw materials ( especially silver ) and don't forget 99% of the market wanted full speed emulsions with smaller more uniform ( smoother ) grain.....

CCG ( Controlled Crystal Growth ) made lots of changes to the way we ( ILFORD / HARMAN ) made emulsions, not just the CCG DELTA films, we invested in a completely new emulsion plant ( EP2 here at Mobberley ) to enable us to manufacture emulsions in a variety of ways, including CCG, did you know that CCG is also used in paper emulsions ?

So, as always, whatever you like, conventional or new technology they are all available...a choice still remains, use what you like and creates the photographs you like...

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post

So, as always, whatever you like, conventional or new technology they are all available...a choice still remains, use what you like and creates the photographs you like...

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    I hope we will give you enough support to keep up this availability and choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clive, most (all?) colour film today is of the "T-gran" type, and, as Simon revealed, paper too.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Clive, most (all?) colour film today is of the "T-gran" type, and, as Simon revealed, paper too.
    I hope Ilford still aims to be the last 'man' standing in analog B&W photography so, we all have these choicesand can support Ilford/Harman
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope that too. But I also hope that every other manufacturer aim for the same goal. The more the merrier.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ralph,

Its been in our mission statement from the day HARMAN technology Limited Limited was founded 9 years ago in February 2014:

' We will be the best, and the last in Black & White, and judge our performance on how well we respond to our customers needs'

BUT lets hope we have plenty of competition and for a long time to come, and I'm absolutely sure we shall...we value choice....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    This one time I heard that artists could make great images with a technique called pointillism. Horses for courses and to each their own. The only film that matters is the one that works for you and is in your cameras
    +1. Could not have said it better myself...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin