Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,108   Online: 1113

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Sepia DR5 development for FOMA Reversal 8mm BW film ?

I am still waiting a lightmeter and take up spool for my Bolex C8 camera and I will order development to dr5. They have neutral and sepia toning options.
    I learned reversal film is ultra contrasty and AFAIK from flickr galleries FOMA shots have blown highlights. For that , I am thinking a sepia toning and bw 200 KB telecine somewhere else. I am thinking loud and have no experience with sepia scanned bw. Can anyone shed some light ?

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa I know that you are not a pro but Super 8 and normal 8 deserve pro treatment in my opinion they have HD Resolution and a Telecine should be done at High Resolution either HD or 2K. For beautiful examples of Super 8 transfers take a look at the Cinelicious site http://cinelicious.tv/
    Reversal Film is contrasty the Foma stuff even more so Wittner sells Kodak Tri-X and Plus-X which should be less contrasty. A blue filter or better a Low-Con Filter should reduce the contrast a bit, so should a bit of pulling (around 1/2 stop) Good Luck

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you MDR for the link , I wrote them. Wittner have minimum 100 euro order rule and hd scans costs too much but I am inexperienced yet.
    I asked max 500 KB scan prices , film speeds , etc.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kahl Film might be cheaper than wittner http://www.kahlfilm.de/content.php?nav=20
    Any post houses in Turkey that can work with 8mm film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I dont know if there is post houses here. I will use bolex as photograph camera and I dont think they can do better treatment than myself.
    After receiving the dvd , I will have 4000 pictures. 800 days to load to the gallery !!! Kahl bw film is from 90s , I prefer to support FOMA as only producer in the world. After learning the habits of camera , I can buy color film from Kahl for next summer.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa Kahl Film is current Orwo Stock/ Filmotec stock not old GDR Stock. Filmotec/Orwo still makes Cine-Film much more than Foma does.
    Try to get the best possible lens for your Bolex the camera is only part of the equation the Kern Switars are not bad.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello MDR , I have Kern Paillard Yvar 13mm f:1.9. I saw this lens attached to a pentax digital camera and unbeliviable.Now I remembered why I did not buy from KAHL , they dont send to here or their credit card page was not recognizing my address. Anyway , I will buy color with cash next time.

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    http://cinelicious.tv/

Hello MDR and all again , I have received quote for 2K scanning and starts from 600 dollars per hour and its minimum. 12 rolls goes from 150 dollars per roll. Its unreachable for me. I can give 60 dollars .

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin