Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,424   Online: 708

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Combi Plan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am surprised by how many people have had leaks. My lids are extremely tight indeed. I guess I was lucky with my two, which considering the price of the things (considering that they would be $15 if not a photographic item), one should not have to be! If you are happy to work in darkness, I would not spend the money on combitanks. Just get hold of a carrier and clip and use any old tub or bucket for the fluids. The larger the opening, the better. We have all snagged the carrier before in the dark, when for some reason it just does not want to go in! The Nova thermostatically controlled handline is another option, tho the solution containers are simply too small IMHO to get the blessed carrier into quickly in the dark. Whoever designed this system obviously only tested it with the lights on..... For me this ruined what would have been a great system.
    Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All this talk about leaking lids has done me in!! Mine now will leak profusely after a disaster last night. I had placed on the boiler to dry, as usual; but it accentally got moved onto the hot pipe which proceeded without any consultation or my approval, to melt a nice crescent in the side.........

Am now having to try to source a new lid, or whole tank. I got mine from my local toyshop, Robert White, but couldn't see them listed on their website. Have to say that after some googling, I am still struggling to find out where they are made. Manufacturer's contact details anyone?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford
    All this talk about leaking lids has done me in!! Mine now will leak profusely after a disaster last night. I had placed on the boiler to dry, as usual; but it accentally got moved onto the hot pipe which proceeded without any consultation or my approval, to melt a nice crescent in the side.........

Am now having to try to source a new lid, or whole tank. I got mine from my local toyshop, Robert White, but couldn't see them listed on their website. Have to say that after some googling, I am still struggling to find out where they are made. Manufacturer's contact details anyone?
    I thought J&C had these for sale, but cannot find on their site. Also they looks like the cameras have gone as well. Did I miss an announcement?

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK
    I thought J&C had these for sale, but cannot find on their site. Also they looks like the cameras have gone as well. Did I miss an announcement?

Mike

Adorama have them at http://www.adorama.com/DKCPTS.html

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike,

I found these at adorama and also another place in USA where quoted at $57 but was hoping to find a UK source cheaper than the £75 ($140ish) which NOVA and Silverprint list, none are on UK e-bay at present.

Otherwise I shall get it sent over the pond having spoken to them on Monday to determine postage costs. I read on one website that they were sourced from Germany, but then the trail went cold!

Of course anyone using them in darkrooms doesn't exactly need the lid. Happy to swap!!!

Those who have leaking lids, agree with Tom, the fit is very tight and hard to see how it would leak. I would expect that screwing the valve closed after filling ought to help curb this spilling!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think they're made in Sweden. Or someplace in northern Europe. If you ask in the LF forum I'm sure you'll get an answer with a pointer to a European supplier.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just ordered one and they are quite expensive in sweden as well, 895 SEK (about $128, but we also have 25% sales tax here, guess why I am not a subscriber yet ;o)). I think I read that someone thought they were made in Götene, (southern) Sweden (If I remember correctly Gepe has a factory there as well).

/Richard Uppsala, Sweden

Edit: Read the post by Bob Salomon in this thread for the history of production of the combiplan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Combi Plan Tank

See this article that includes photos. It is the best guide for various ways to use this tank.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Combi Plan Tank

For got to provide the web site address:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ve-developing/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford
    Thanks Mike,

Otherwise I shall get it sent over the pond having spoken to them on Monday to determine postage costs. I read on one website that they were sourced from Germany, but then the trail went cold!
    Hi Baxter !
    I bought mine in France at Prophot ( http://www.prophot.fr ) They speak english, have spare parts avail. and ship internationally. They may not be the cheapest option, but they stock it (bought another one a month ago).
    Hope this helps !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin