Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,831   Online: 827

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    > They don't have to tell us who makes it. But some more information like ..

The most important information is: Will that film have a future? Will it be re-produced (sic!) if the current badge is sold out? I remind the offensive marketing about R³ and the smaller one of RPX 400 too. If a photographer selects a film they want to have a film with a stable production about say at least 10 years. And not the out-selling of some leftover film.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post

The most important information is: Will that film have a future? Will it be re-produced (sic!) if the current badge is sold out? I remind the offensive marketing about R³ and the smaller one of RPX 400 too. If a photographer selects a film they want to have a film with a stable production about say at least 10 years. And not the out-selling of some leftover film.
    Nothing is guaranteed, especially if you wait to see how it does and no one buys it because they are waiting to see how it does...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Nothing is guaranteed, especially if you wait to see how it does and no one buys it because they are waiting to see how it does...
    The Catch 22 of new films.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    The Catch 22 of new films.
    ... and even of old films, for that matter ...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm

But, if that's the issue, surely the simple answer is to support Ilford's range of films. Harman have given the reassurance that none will be discontinued, they are quality and consistent products, and, while nothing is guaranteed for ever, I have met some of the Directors and Managers and believe their honesty and dedication.

If we prefer another choice, we have some Kodak and Fuji films, all consistent products, and even if some may have cast doubts on their longterm future, they are still available here and now.

I don't doubt the enthusiasm and dedication of the little producers in trying to market these new products, and I enjoy experimenting with the new films at times. But I wouldn't use an unknown film for the holiday of a lifetime or my daughter's wedding photos when the reliable options are right there....it's just common sense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Uwe, do you care to comment on your previous statement regarding RPX 400 discontinuation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    But, if that's the issue, surely the simple answer is to support Ilford's range of films. Harman have given the reassurance that none will be discontinued, they are quality and consistent products, and, while nothing is guaranteed for ever, I have met some of the Directors and Managers and believe their honesty and dedication.

If we prefer another choice, we have some Kodak and Fuji films, all consistent products, and even if some may have cast doubts on their longterm future, they are still available here and now.

I don't doubt the enthusiasm and dedication of the little producers in trying to market these new products, and I enjoy experimenting with the new films at times. But I wouldn't use an unknown film for the holiday of a lifetime or my daughter's wedding photos when the reliable options are right there....it's just common sense.
    Had it been a holiday of a lifetime I'm not sure I'd even bring a camera. That would probably be in the way of experiencing the holiday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Uwe, do you care to comment on your previous statement regarding RPX 400 discontinuation?
    The new boxes are possibly the first sign of a new management strategy of MACO - appareantyl a stable production of their products is planned now. Thank you for that advice.

In that context RPX 25 may be for completing the product line, to have a medium speed a high speed and a low speed film.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is my understanding too.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    But your memory is really unerasable
    Mr Schroeder will stick in my memory. Not to his comfort though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin