Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,973   Posts: 1,523,590   Online: 900

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, repeatedly the fact of being packed in a cardboard box has been welcomed here.
    What benefits do you get from such a packaging?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you prefer the cigar style box: http://static.photo.net/attachments/...R-25646984.jpg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > What benefits do you get from such a packaging?

New packaging indicates a new batch.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @miha: I prefer that PE-box with a label. I do not need a second (cardboard box) packaging.

@piu58: so that welcome was not necessarily to the box itself

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I like plastic box with popping lid.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    @miha: I prefer that PE-box with a label. I do not need a second (cardboard box) packaging.
    I agree but roll films are round and a cardboard box makes them rectangular - being beneficial for packaging, shipping, storing, etc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Carlsson View Post
    Had it been a holiday of a lifetime I'm not sure I'd even bring a camera. That would probably be in the way of experiencing the holiday.
    A very good point. I sometimes go on a weekend or short break with just a good point-and-shoot pocket camera. The freedom to experience the holiday usually outweighs the occasional shot missed through leaving the full kit, with the heavy gadget bag and tripod, at home !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    So, repeatedly the fact of being packed in a cardboard box has been welcomed here.
    What benefits do you get from such a packaging?
    Well for one thing, my Mamiya 645 backs have holders for the box ends as film reminders, much as many 35mm cameras do. Kodak's move to only selling Tri-X in ProPacks means I don't have the "TX" box tops to put in those reminder holders. Same for Portra and Ektar. I do have them for Ilford films and even my stash of IR820 Efke.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well for one thing, my Mamiya 645 backs have holders for the box ends as film reminders, much as many 35mm cameras do. Kodak's move to only selling Tri-X in ProPacks means I don't have the "TX" box tops to put in those reminder holders. Same for Portra and Ektar. I do have them for Ilford films and even my stash of IR820 Efke.
    Roger, I'm sure there is the "TX" somewhere of the Propack box that you can cut out and use as a reminder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tsiklonaut View Post
    That's good news. As said I always liked low-ASA films, so if it's a brand new design film it's starting to sound real promising now
    +1
    RR

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin