Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,827   Online: 799

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Adox has started to produce their very own line of films recently. In former times they also repackaged, but for quite some time they have developed into a serious manufacturer of both films (Silvermax, new ADOX 100) and papers.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Roger, I'm sure there is the "TX" somewhere of the Propack box that you can cut out and use as a reminder.
    The flap on the pro-packs has most of the same information as the box ends and is sized to fit exactly in the holder on the back of the 120 film holders and on the back of many cameras - just tear it off
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Aint this why they make memory card wallets
    Humm, good idea!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The flap on the pro-packs has most of the same information as the box ends and is sized to fit exactly in the holder on the back of the 120 film holders and on the back of many cameras - just tear it off
    I didn't realize that and that's great when I buy a whole Pro Pack, which I just did and sometimes do. But sometimes I buy unboxed rolls from the dealers too. Usually ones that I have also bought packs of, so I'll do that, and put them in a memory card wallet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I didn't realize that and that's great when I buy a whole Pro Pack, which I just did and sometimes do. But sometimes I buy unboxed rolls from the dealers too. Usually ones that I have also bought packs of, so I'll do that, and put them in a memory card wallet!
    I've often wondered about laminating a couple of the box ends/flaps to make them more durable.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Well for one thing, my Mamiya 645 backs have holders for the box ends as film reminders, much as many 35mm cameras do. Kodak's move to only selling Tri-X in ProPacks means I don't have the "TX" box tops to put in those reminder holders. Same for Portra and Ektar. I do have them for Ilford films and even my stash of IR820 Efke.
    Masking tape and a black sharpie marking the letters, "TX", always worked for me!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Masking tape and a black sharpie marking the letters, "TX", always worked for me!
    With enough masking tape to make notes regarding let say development.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whenever Rollei/Maco brings out a new film people badmouth the company and praise Adox. Adox has made some great products and so has Maco their lith line was one of the best products on the Market, Rollei/Maco offers one of the best liquid emulsion systems yet nobody seems to care about their good products. They might not manufacture the products but they make it available to the average joe and that ought to be honoured. Maco was a bit creative in their marketing so was Adox. I for one am happy that we those two companies.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Whenever Rollei/Maco brings out a new film people badmouth the company and praise Adox. Adox has made some great products and so has Maco their lith line was one of the best products on the Market, Rollei/Maco offers one of the best liquid emulsion systems yet nobody seems to care about their good products. They might not manufacture the products but they make it available to the average joe and that ought to be honoured. Maco was a bit creative in their marketing so was Adox. I for one am happy that we those two companies.
    This is what I like to read
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Oh, I totally agree with you and will heap praise when it is deserved, but I also know the difference between oats before they enter the horse and oats after they leave the horse. Not all oats are the same no matter what some folks might want to sell you. I prefer to buy the preconditioned oats myself. I hope this film is the best thing since sliced bread and if it is I'll buy a whole loaf. Just my opinion of course! JohnW

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin