Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,555   Posts: 1,573,149   Online: 820

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    You should be at least precise when criticising others, MartinP: Ilford Imaging Switzerland has gone bankrupt not Ilford Photo, which is a Harman Technology company. The way you wrote is misleading.
    Not by accident - "Ilford" was a quote from Stone, showing how vague his remark was . . .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Martin,
    I consider Stone's comment absolutely sound.

And that remark at being misleading by using an inappropriate company's name is inadequate, first as it is used this way generally here at Apug and secondly as Stone replied to your post where you specified that company. No ambiguity to me.

Here at Apug we post for us members. Contemplating at each posting how it could be read outside Apug is beyond the idea of this forum.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I mentioned Harman, I did not write Ilford, as that would have been inaccurate and misleading.

Is the consensus that my hoping for clarity of thought and precision in posting was inappropriate? I will immediately delete the post, and replace it with an apology, if that is the case.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Well, I mentioned Harman, I did not write Ilford, as that would have been inaccurate and misleading.

Is the consensus that my hoping for clarity of thought and precision in posting was inappropriate? I will immediately delete the post, and replace it with an apology, if that is the case.
    I don't think in apology is necessary, however I think you need to realize that this may possibly be slightly an issue of language understanding or rather misunderstanding, we are both arguing the same points in both agreeing with each other, however if you were specifically more detailed than I was, please understand that I often post from my phone, and am not on a computer, this unfortunately limits my ability of researching and adding additional threads or linking to them while I'm posting. Whenever it says "sent from tapatalk" it means that I am on my phone, it should say that under every post that I make usually, I'm very rarely at the computer. So understand that I can't really go navigating and finding and searching for other threads very easily, and I apologize for not having specifics as I never use that print paper and couldn't remember what it was called. I'm also not up on every single product that ilford or any other company makes, and I don't think anyone should be expected to know about every new product and every discontinued product in a company's line in order to comment on the company stability for its way of doing business.

Also for all intents and purposes as AgX mentioned here on APUG, when we're speaking about ilford, we mean the Harman subsidiary, i'm also not up on all of the different names nor which company owns which, all I know is that when I buy a box of film it says "Ilford by Harmon technologies", The box doesn't say Ilford Inc., or Ilford LLC, or Ilford technologies limited or anything like that, and I'm fairly certain that anyone reading what I said would understand which company I was talking about.

Anyway the point is that this particular company we are talking about the one based in England sort of kind of the one that produces film in England, is a good company that would keep the product around if it is financially able to do so, but would discontinue a product when it needs to be discontinued in order to be a sustainable company that's all my point was, that they wouldn't just discontinue a product for no reason.

Happy holidays everyone!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Has anyone shot and developed the new RPX 25 film yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alpenhause, will you please refrain from blatant on-topic posts ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    Has anyone shot and developed the new RPX 25 film yet?
    Not yet but I expect delivery any day now...

RR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    Alpenhause, will you please refrain from blatant on-topic posts ...
    :laughing:
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered five rolls of it in 135 size from maco this weekend, the package should arrive tomorrow or maybe on monday..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a high quality film. The substrate is bluish, which is no problem. It also lays as flat as flat can be. Grain is small. Contrast seems to be controllable. Tonal range is what I'd hoped for. It developed alright in OBSIDIAN AQUA at 1 in 500, for 12 minutes semi-stand @ 20 deg. C. The packaging is exactly the same as ILFORD 120 films except for the words. The anti halation coating soaks off in a black flush. The reciprocity factor I based on the figures Mahn sent me, which were 1/1000 – 1“ no change, 2“ becomes 3“, 10“ becomes 20“, 20“ becomes 50“, 50“ becomes 180“.

RR
    Last edited by Regular Rod; 01-02-2014 at 06:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin