Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,632   Online: 1202

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post

RR
    WOW! Thanks for posting. I need to get some of this stuff!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would be curious to see how this film does in dr5's process, and in particular how it might compare to Efke 25 when reverse processed.
    If you're following this, dw, any plans to test this one out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be interested to give some a try as and when a UK supplier takes this on. (I can't afford maco's minimum order + shipping at the moment)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a high quality film. The substrate is bluish, which is no problem. It also lays as flat as flat can be. Grain is small. Contrast seems to be controllable. Tonal range is what I'd hoped for. It developed alright in OBSIDIAN AQUA at 1 in 500, for 12 minutes semi-stand @ 20 deg. C. The packaging is exactly the same as ILFORD 120 films except for the words. The anti halation coating soaks off in a black flush. The reciprocity factor I based on the figures Mahn sent me, which were 1/1000 – 1“ no change, 2“ becomes 3“, 10“ becomes 20“, 20“ becomes 50“, 50“ becomes 180“.

RR
    In your best guess, what is this film close too? Is a new emulsion, leftover Efke or Agfa 25 or a rebranded document film?

Shooter
    35mm
    The anti halation coating soaks off in a black flush.

RR
    I wonder what a "black flush" is? I assume this refers to washing of some kind such as a pre-soak but it is a very strange way of expressing it. It sound like the kind of sentence that, say, means something in German and has been translated by a language converter you find on computers

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cl3mens View Post
    I ordered five rolls of it in 135 size from maco this weekend, the package should arrive tomorrow or maybe on monday..
    Would you be so kind as to post what is the DX code on the cassette, please?
    You'll find near the DX squares, a barcode and a number made of 6 digits. That's the number I'm looking for.
    Thanks!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM2N, 10
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Do you prefer the cigar style box: http://static.photo.net/attachments/...R-25646984.jpg
    Actually I do love those wooden boxes.

MY rollei 25 came in it. I get to act all sophistocated when shooting with the club and pullling out my wooden box

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    In your best guess, what is this film close too? Is a new emulsion, leftover Efke or Agfa 25 or a rebranded document film?
    Definitely not a document film.

The films I have are certainly made to a high standard. No pinholes or other nuisances. It is quite different from the ADOX CHS 25 that I had previously used when I wanted a slow film. I made 8 exposures and got 8 very printable negatives. I think it's a new film...

RR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I wonder what a "black flush" is? I assume this refers to washing of some kind such as a pre-soak but it is a very strange way of expressing it. It sound like the kind of sentence that, say, means something in German and has been translated by a language converter you find on computers

pentaxuser
    I pre-soak with tap water (very good tap water in our area). The flushed out water after 2 minutes @ 20 deg. C is black. I bet it would work as ink... It really is a black flush! I am not fluent in German so cannot advise. The words are mine own...

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I get the same black flush when I pre-soak (prior to pyro-HD) too.

Rod this is exciting, I can't tell you. The image is beautiful. I suspected this might be repackaged document film but when you say it 'might be a new film' it's very hopeful. Thanks for sharing your results and thoughts. Can't wait to see more.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin