Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,114   Online: 1037

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Definitely not a document film.

The films I have are certainly made to a high standard. No pinholes or other nuisances. It is quite different from the ADOX CHS 25 that I had previously used when I wanted a slow film. I made 8 exposures and got 8 very printable negatives. I think it's a new film...

RR
    Nicely said. Now I really am looking forward to trying this. Finally a replacement for the missed APX25? If not a duplicate a substitute? It would seem to be well made and fine grained. I've got 5 120 and 10 35 my shopping cart on B&H, once the paycheck returns at the start of the semester I'll hit "Order".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    I get the same black flush when I pre-soak (prior to pyro-HD) too.

Rod this is exciting, I can't tell you. The image is beautiful. I suspected this might be repackaged document film but when you say it 'might be a new film' it's very hopeful. Thanks for sharing your results and thoughts. Can't wait to see more.
    I'm absolutey convinced it is NOT a document film...

RR

Shooter
    35mm
    Regarding the "black flush" after prewash: it is probably a 50ASA emulsion with a lot of dye incorporated, to decrease speed, and increase sharpness. Would make sense - not a new emulsion, but a known one with "fine-tuning" to fit a special niche in the market.

G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin DeWolfe View Post
    Actually I do love those wooden boxes.

MY rollei 25 came in it. I get to act all sophistocated when shooting with the club and pullling out my wooden box
    How do you get the wooden box? I asked freestyle and they said the films used to come in boxes but don't anymore... Has this changed back?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgK View Post
    Regarding the "black flush" after prewash: it is probably a 50ASA emulsion with a lot of dye incorporated, to decrease speed, and increase sharpness. Would make sense - not a new emulsion, but a known one with "fine-tuning" to fit a special niche in the market.

G.
    That's interesting...

I also use and like PAN F Plus. The substrates seem to be different in colour. However, the perfect flatness of both, the high quality of the coatings, the perfect alignment of the tape to paper backing, the die cutting of the boxes, the style of the spools, the way the foil wrapping is sealed; all make me think that ILFORD (HARMAN) has something to do with this new film. If anything, that gives me confidence in addition to me already liking the film. I'll be sticking with it.

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For UK users: Silverprint have told me that they will have it in stock by the end of January; haven't heard back from Ag yet, but they are shut 'til Monday 6th according to their site.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How do you get the wooden box? I asked freestyle and they said the films used to come in boxes but don't anymore... Has this changed back?
    Those wooden boxes had been introduced with or short after the introduction of the Rollei film brand by Maco.

Since some time Maco do no longer offer them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Those wooden boxes had been introduced with or short after the introduction of the Rollei film brand by Maco.

Since some time Maco do no longer offer them.
    Aww! Boo! I want one! Lol, alas...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    That's interesting...

I also use and like PAN F Plus. The substrates seem to be different in colour. However, the perfect flatness of both, the high quality of the coatings, the perfect alignment of the tape to paper backing, the die cutting of the boxes, the style of the spools, the way the foil wrapping is sealed; all make me think that ILFORD (HARMAN) has something to do with this new film. If anything, that gives me confidence in addition to me already liking the film. I'll be sticking with it.

RR
    Indeed, if Ilford has something to do with this, it's a very hopeful sign.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin