Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,506   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    What those posting since my question have said is what I had assumed was meant by the sentence I quoted namely: it means that it can be exposed at EI 50 without any or only minimal loss of shadow detail. Presumably there must be some loss, otherwise it may as well be classified as ISO 50 and not 25 unless Rollei feels that there is a marketing advantage to label it as 25. However the use of the word development without adding the word "times" leaves uncertainty and quite what "development" means cannot be deduced without some form of specification sheet.

So do you simply change developer, development regime as in agitation frequency, extend development or do you use the same development times as you do with T-Max 400 when it is rated at 800?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Damn I really want to get my hands on some to try this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    *looks towards Freestyle*

I'd love to give this a shot!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Presumably there must be some loss, otherwise it may as well be classified as ISO 50 and not 25 unless Rollei feels that there is a marketing advantage to label it as 25.
    There probably is, actually. Like years ago when FP4 was rated at 64 then magically went up to 125 (so I've heard, I think it was before I was born).
    Calling something '25' may actually have marketing benefit, even if it's a 50 that looks good pulled down a stop. I know I'm suckered in, especially if it's re-hashed APX25 (and even if it's not).
    It's always nice to have new products coming out, especially 'special purpose' like high or low speed. Hell, I'm happy that at least someone is still thinking of film at all.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As one who still has a few rolls of APX25 and Agfapan 25 left in 120 I hope this is similar.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Comparing the developing times it look like a derivate of PAN F. Rollei doesn't produce film. If they would, and the would create a new one: Would that film be only available in 120?
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Comparing the developing times it look like a derivate of PAN F. Rollei doesn't produce film. If they would, and the would create a new one: Would that film be only available in 120?
    I recall a questionnaire here on Apug about the possibility of Delta 25 by Simon. I read that Harman worked with Efke and Maco to produce the RPX 100 and 400 range. Which was said to be similar to Kentmere.

It'd be cool to have a epitaxial 25 speed film. Either way I want to get my hands on some.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Adox CMS 20 II by another name?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm gonna try some!

Jeff

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That the German and English descriptions at the Maco site deviate that much is a bad sign from the start.
    Let's wait for the data sheet to show up.
    Last edited by AgX; 12-18-2013 at 04:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin