Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,926   Posts: 1,556,805   Online: 953

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You know that the barcode system is completely silly ? that does not mean anything else that the number printed on the cartridge. That do not prove anything regarding the emulsion.

I never understood that silly thing
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cl3mens View Post
    Just received my five boxes of 135. EAN code is 4024953825110, expiry date JAN 2018, Made in EU, DX barcode is 830254. That is DX code 189-1, which I can't find in my file from 2009, so most likely a new emulsion.

Enough detective work, time to take some photographs!
    Thanks for the code!

Aurelian
    The DX code tells you the factory as Part 1 of the code is assigned to specific manufacturers.
    See the list from 2008: http://www.yumpu.com/it/document/vie...ry-association
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ricardo, you assume that each film has an primary coding. But this is not the case.

Furthermore, Maco gave in the past contradictory information on specific films, even made up a datasheet.
    Why do you expect them now to hand out a cartridge that gives most truthful information?

Shooter
    35mm
    AgX:
    No, the DX code only points to the FACTORY where it is made. By its nature, each film has its own DX code. But, that doesn't mean it is different Emulsions.
    If the DX code pointed to a Harman made emulsion, we can assume it is a different film from anything else in the market as Harman doesn't use the same emulsion for different films.
    You can buy an actualised list of DX codes from I3A and find out whose manufacturer is assigned Part 1 of 189.

Why do you expect them now to hand out a cartridge that gives most truthful information?
    Because they would be in breach of the DX code conventions. Remember that Part 1, i.e. the manufacture code is assigned by I3A.
    See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DX_number
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    A bunch of Nikons

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Because they would be in breach of the DX code conventions. Remember that Part 1, i.e. the manufacture code is assigned by I3A.
    See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DX_number
    They broke the convention of honesty.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does it really matter whether this is a new film or an old film in new clothes? All that matters surely is whether it is a good film that we can use when we want a slow speed and fine grain. So far so good. It would be nice to get it in sheet sizes too, 4x5, 8x10 and 6[COLOR=#000000]½x8½ would be a fine start...

RR
    [/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Does it really matter whether this is a new film or an old film in new clothes?
    RR
    [/COLOR]
    I think it matters. I'd rather not spend good money on film that I know little about. Maybe it is a new emulsion. Maybe it's Efke 25. If that's the case, why bother as the pipleline will run dry shortly. If it's Pan-F, why should I pay an inflated price for the Rollei brand?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    I think it matters. I'd rather not spend good money on film that I know little about. Maybe it is a new emulsion. Maybe it's Efke 25. If that's the case, why bother as the pipleline will run dry shortly. If it's Pan-F, why should I pay an inflated price for the Rollei brand?
    Please, think twice before posting! How can it be EFKE, when the factory has been closed for over an year? And, how can it be PanF, when Harman will not use the same emulsion for other films?
    It is a new emulsion, and the fact the DX code is new only confirms it. Besides the expiry date is set for 4 years from now. It goes with the Harman normal life span for its emulsions of 4 to 5 years.
    And RegularRod already proved it a few pages back.

Please, stop with rumours and other insinuations that are bore of ignorance, not facts.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suppose it COULD have been left over Efke 25, but at this point it clearly is not.

It could be based on Pan F+ but now that user reports are in is also clearly different. So again, whatever it is seems new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I suppose it COULD have been left over Efke 25, but at this point it clearly is not.

It could be based on Pan F+ but now that user reports are in is also clearly different. So again, whatever it is seems new.
    It's easy to see if it was Efke 25. Just shoot a color chart. The film is orthopanchromatic, and has lowered red sensitivity. A side by side comparison with RPX 25 would quickly show the difference.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin