Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,181   Online: 867

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Please, think twice before posting! How can it be EFKE, when the factory has been closed for over an year? And, how can it be PanF, when Harman will not use the same emulsion for other films?
    It is a new emulsion, and the fact the DX code is new only confirms it. Besides the expiry date is set for 4 years from now. It goes with the Harman normal life span for its emulsions of 4 to 5 years.
    And RegularRod already proved it a few pages back.

Please, stop with rumours and other insinuations that are bore of ignorance, not facts.
    Hello! I do think before posting!!! Maybe you should, too! It very well vould be Efke. Look at all the Agfa that was made before they closed and is still around!

Rod hasn't proven anything, only that it isn't a document film. Nothing against Rod here.

I'm asking questions because we really don't know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    I think it matters. I'd rather not spend good money on film that I know little about. Maybe it is a new emulsion. Maybe it's Efke 25. If that's the case, why bother as the pipleline will run dry shortly. If it's Pan-F, why should I pay an inflated price for the Rollei brand?

???

£3.32 per roll of 120 Rollei RPX 25
    £3.69 per roll of 120 PAN F Plus

RR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jim I'm fine with you being careful and wanting to know as much as possible. No offence taken at all.

I really like this film and will use it again and buy it again. I will still use PAN F Plus and FP4 Plus and HP5 Plus as they and their predecessors are films I've used for years and feel comfortable with. I used to love CHS 25 Art and have sought a fine grain, slow film with a big tonal range since it was dropped from the market so when RPX 25 was announced I ordered some immediately, quite prepared to write off the cost if the film was a disappointment. Luckily for me the search is over (for 120). I still want it in 4x5, 8x10 and 6½x8½ sheets...

RR

Shooter
    35mm
    Jim, as far I as know, there were no master rolls left when Fotokemika closed its doors, unlike what happened to the Leverkusen factory. The factory was closed when they were preparing to coat new batches.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Personally I think it is always important to know if it is a new film or just another name for an existing one.
    If one searches for a 25 ASA film and hasn't found one he likes it makes the difference between wasting time and money or not.
    If it is just a new name it might add better price, additional sizes, better availability and experience.
    The same is valid for paper.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    Personally I think it is always important to know if it is a new film or just another name for an existing one.
    If one searches for a 25 ASA film and hasn't found one he likes it makes the difference between wasting time and money or not.
    If it is just a new name it might add better price, additional sizes, better availability and experience.
    The same is valid for paper.
    What other 25 ISO panchromatic film is there currently available that is not old stock? If we want 25 ISO that is not a document film then this is it at the moment...

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    What other 25 ISO panchromatic film is there currently available that is not old stock? If we want 25 ISO that is not a document film then this is it at the moment...

RR
    And it is EASY to confirm that is boy Efke by taking a picture of something red. Or use a red filter and see if you get more than a very vague picture.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm asking questions because we really don't know.
    Dear Jim,

nothing wrong with asking questions. Of course we are all curious when new products are offered.
    But, well, we do know now. At least those of us, who have already used this film (like me)
    Seriously, no, this film has nothing to do at all with the Efke 25 and the former Rollei Pan 25 (first version from FilmoTec; the latest version was Efke 25). Just look at the professional finishing / confectioning of the 120 and the DX coded 35mm film und you will understand. And if you then compare the picture results side by side, you will see immediately the different look, the different results of Efke 25, former Pan 25 and RPX 25.
    There is indeed a "new kid in town" .

Best regards,
    Henning
    Last edited by Henning Serger; 01-09-2014 at 09:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still interested in datasheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it matters. I'd rather not spend good money on film that I know little about. Maybe it is a new emulsion. Maybe it's Efke 25. If that's the case, why bother as the pipleline will run dry shortly. If it's Pan-F, why should I pay an inflated price for the Rollei brand?
    Exactly. +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin