Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,834   Online: 978
      
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 256
  1. #221

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Linköping, Sweden
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    89
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Exactly. +1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does anyone even read the thread anymore?

    Even if it would be rebranded PanF+ (which it is not) it would still be cheaper than PanF+ in the first place!

  2. #222
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Just look at the professional finishing / confectioning of the 120 and the DX coded 35mm film und you will understand. And if you then compare the picture results side by side, you will see immediately the different look, the different results of Efke 25, former Pan 25 and RPX 25.
    There is indeed a "new kid in town.
    What bases do these two films have?

  3. #223
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,264
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Carlsson View Post
    Does anyone even read the thread anymore?

    Even if it would be rebranded PanF+ (which it is not) it would still be cheaper than PanF+ in the first place!
    That's not the point. We want to know definitively what it is. And we've been duped too much in the past with misinformation where we've been told it's a new emulsion (or it's heavily implied it is) only to find later it's just a repackaging.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  4. #224
    Ricardo Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    868
    Henning,
    Thank you so much for your informed post. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.
    All the best!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

  5. #225
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,264
    Images
    1

    New film - Rollei RPX 25

    So Neopan 400 is back? :-)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  6. #226

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake, Michigan
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    625
    I'm not concerned one way or the other as to whether it's a new film or something slit from a stored, long ago, made film. What I do see as a concern for many folks here is that if it is "new" film it will continue to be manufactured until low demand warrants its demise. With "old stock" the demand is its death wish and folks who get geared up to processing/printing it just end up getting the rug pulled from underneath them and they just have to start all over again. Most of us have been there and done that! Hmmm! Where's my Verichrome Pan or my Plus-X? Get my drift?

  7. #227
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area (Albany, California)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,264
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    I'm not concerned one way or the other as to whether it's a new film or something slit from a stored, long ago, made film. What I do see as a concern for many folks here is that if it is "new" film it will continue to be manufactured until low demand warrants its demise. With "old stock" the demand is its death wish and folks who get geared up to processing/printing it just end up getting the rug pulled from underneath them and they just have to start all over again. Most of us have been there and done that! Hmmm! Where's my Verichrome Pan or my Plus-X? Get my drift?
    Again, exactly. It's not whether it's PanF+ or not. The post I was responding to was the quote "Does it really matter whether this is a new film or an old film in new clothes?". I do not care either way. I just want to know what it is one way or the other.
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  8. #228
    Regular Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    586
    To be brutally frank, until another film is announced, we have only one choice if we want to use a slow speed, fine grained, non-document, panchromatic film and Rollei RPX 25 is it. I'm simply going to make use of it until it is no longer available or until a better film is introduced. I do hope that it eventually becomes available in sheets, 4x5, 8x10 and whole-plate.

    RR

  9. #229

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Linköping, Sweden
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    89
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    To be brutally frank, until another film is announced, we have only one choice if we want to use a slow speed, fine grained, non-document, panchromatic film and Rollei RPX 25 is it. I'm simply going to make use of it until it is no longer available or until a better film is introduced. I do hope that it eventually becomes available in sheets, 4x5, 8x10 and whole-plate.

    RR
    And this summarizes what I think in the matter as well. Does it matter if it's a slightly modified older film or a new emulsion when it's the current only alternative for a slow film? As long as we buy it, they will keep making it (at least hopefully). Also, if they would discontinue it and another alternative pops up, I will not regret anything. I make use of the tools present, and my photography should not be dependent on only one film or paper.

    Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.

  10. #230

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake, Michigan
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Carlsson View Post
    And this summarizes what I think in the matter as well. Does it matter if it's a slightly modified older film or a new emulsion when it's the current only alternative for a slow film? As long as we buy it, they will keep making it (at least hopefully). Also, if they would discontinue it and another alternative pops up, I will not regret anything. I make use of the tools present, and my photography should not be dependent on only one film or paper.

    Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.
    No problem! Some folks here just would like to know one way or the other so they don't waste their time getting to "know" the new??? film, only to find out after a few months that it's no longer available. I can get PanF+ to look pretty darn good in Perceptol 1:3 or even Rodinal 1:100 so this "new???" film isn't a must for me. I truly believe that not knowing will stop some folks from trying it, but that could be their lose too. Of course if it is a new film then that's great also.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin