Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,196   Online: 1203

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14181920212223242526 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    I do hope that it eventually becomes available in sheets, 4x5, 8x10 and whole-plate.

RR

Amen to that, I´m still missing Adox Pan 25 in 4X5 so if this is an even better film I´d like to try it too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To be brutally frank, until another film is announced, we have only one choice if we want to use a slow speed, fine grained, non-document, panchromatic film and Rollei RPX 25 is it. I'm simply going to make use of it until it is no longer available or until a better film is introduced. I do hope that it eventually becomes available in sheets, 4x5, 8x10 and whole-plate.

RR
    Depends, I guess, on one's definition of slow. I'd consider Pan F+ to be all the things you said but info realize it is not AS slow as 25 film (even if 50 is a tad optimistic for some people and developers) or likely AS fine grained.

Always nice to have choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What other 25 ISO panchromatic film is there currently available that is not old stock? If we want 25 ISO that is not a document film then this is it at the moment...

RR
    Try Rollei Retro 80S E.I 25 and develop in Rollei RLS - it's just like Agfa APX 25

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fatso View Post
    Try Rollei Retro 80S E.I 25 and develop in Rollei RLS - it's just like Agfa APX 25
    Yes I've seen nice results for it but it is an orthochromatic rather than panchromatic film...

RR

Shooter
    35mm
    Rollei Retro 80S is a superpanchromatic film with extended red sensitivity. Are you thinking of Rollei Retro 25?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic amateur View Post
    Rollei Retro 80S is a superpanchromatic film with extended red sensitivity. Are you thinking of Rollei Retro 25?
    Possibly, I could be...

Still the problem has gone away now as the RPX 25 film is now available.

RR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys mean Rollei Ortho 25

I haven't tried RPX 25 yet but Rollei Retro 80S is the finest grain film with traditional tonality I've seen in years. It's really really close to Agfa APX 25

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys mean Rollei Ortho 25

I haven't tried RPX 25 yet but Rollei Retro 80S is the finest grain film with traditional tonality I've seen in years. It's really really close to Agfa APX 25
    B&H has this and describes it as a "high contrast" film similar to the old Kodak TechPan, but not as contrasty. If it is of the nature of Tech Pan then for normal scenic use I'd say it would have to be down-rate from ISO 80, but I could be wrong. I wonder how this stuff would work with pyro developers or something like Pyrocat-HD? Might be worth a try for some Lake Michigan winter lighthouse scenes due to it's increased red sensitivity.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used Retro 80S in RLS and some other developers, as well the old Agfa APX 25 and the new Rollei RPX 25.
    All different films with a different look.
    Especially Retro 80S is very different compared to APX 25 and RPX 25.
    Retro 80S has
    - a superpanchromatic sensitization with extended red sensivity; APX 25 and RPX 25 are normal panchromatic films
    - Retro 80S can be used as an IR film with 715 nm filter with excellent results (not possible with RPX 25 and APX 25)
    - Retro 80S has a very strong, steep S-shape characteristic curve, whereas APX 25 and RPX 25 have both a more normal, linear characteristic curve.

Horses for courses, different films for different purposes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    So Neopan 400 is back? :-)
    Fact is it has been indeed back. Neopan 400 was discontinued in many countries, not available anymore for quite a significant time.
    I could not buy it in my country.
    It has been re-introduced at Photokina 2012 (biggest photo fair in the world). I've been there in Cologne at this fair and visited the Fuji booth. There the re-introduction was officially announced. I talked there to the Fuji people.
    After that I could buy the film again in my country.
    So the reports from those people who have been at the Photokina fair have been absolutely correct.
    Don't shoot the messengers

That Fuji has cancelled their former decision again....well, it is sad. But complain at Fuji.

But, back to topic.
    I've shot several rolls of the new RPX 25 in the last two weeks. And compared this film to Efke 25, Rollei Pan 25 and Ilford PanF+.
    Results:
    - all four films are different
    - each of this film has its own, unique characteristics and characterictic curve
    - differences in grain and sharpness are also significant (Efke 25 and older Rollei Pan 25 worst, PanF+ and RPX 25 better, with slight advantage for RPX 25)
    - RPX 25 has a clear base, probably PET material (I tried to tear it, but it wasn't possible)
    - the finishing and packaging of the film is the Harman Technology / Ilford finishing (so obviously Ilford is making this stuff in cooperation with Maco).

Therefore I can confirm what all the others here in this thread who have shot this new RPX 25 have written:
    It is a new film and has nothing to do with products we have seen so far.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin