Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,429   Online: 1125

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    There probably is, actually. Like years ago when FP4 was rated at 64 then magically went up to 125 (so I've heard, I think it was before I was born).
    My understanding is that the changes of speed rating which applied to all films at the time (was it the late 60's of 70's?) were the result of changes in measuring definitions by the relevant Standards Organisations (probably ASA and DIN ratings at that time). There were no actual changes in the emulsions.

I think it has been said that it was to allow for the more accurate meters and cameras which were becoming available, which made the previous allowance to avoid the risk of underexposure no longer necessary..

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perfectly right. That change for ASA and DIN took place in 1960 rsp. 1961.

Shooter
    35mm
    According to the Macodirect newsletter I just read, RPX 25 is being introduced in both 120 and 135 formats.
    Also the existent RPX100 and 400 get a "face-lit" by being packed in boxes! Great to see boxed rolls again!
    The entire RPX family in new boxes will be available from January 2014.

Given that both RPX100 and 400 are coated by Harman/Ilford Photo, I wouldn't be surprised if RPX 25 is made by the same people.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One could think so. And that packaging leads in the same direction. But not the colourless base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    According to the Macodirect newsletter I just read, RPX 25 is being introduced in both 120 and 135 formats.
    Also the existent RPX100 and 400 get a "face-lit" by being packed in boxes! Great to see boxed rolls again!
    The entire RPX family in new boxes will be available from January 2014.

Given that both RPX100 and 400 are coated by Harman/Ilford Photo, I wouldn't be surprised if RPX 25 is made by the same people.
    So its......................... Pan F?

Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is meant by "nominal sensitivity"?
    As far as I am concerned it is a 25 ISO film. They always say there is a speed reserve. Otherwise nobody would buy it.
    You know all developers are "fine" grain working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    So its......................... Pan F?

Best regards
    Could be. The times in Rodinal are the same and going by memory, the D-76/ID-11 times are the same, too. However, Ilford says they will no longer rebrand their films. Ilford will make a new emulsion for someone, though. I'm as curious as the rest of you and wait to try this film when it hits the US and also await others findings.

Shooter
    35mm
    Brand new emulsion ? That's a good sign. It looks, like demise of Efke films made a hole and it is very smart by Harman to fill it up. Just wonder, if they will make enough of it, for some of it to reach Canada.
    Last edited by timor; 12-18-2013 at 01:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by timor View Post
    Brand new emulsion ? That's a good sign. It looks, like demise of Efke films made a hole and it is very smart by Harman to fill it up. Just wonder, if they will make enough of it, to some of it reach Canada.
    This has been discussed to death with the previous RPX films, if they were the same as Ilford Pan 400, or Kentmere 400, or Kentmere 100...and the answer (has been) is that it's not. They are new emulsions. I think the same goes for this new film.

Anyways I'm really curious and will try this new film next time I place an order to mack. Not sure how to use it in our dark winter here, but I will find a way

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok. 10 rolls of Rollei RPX25 120 on the way from MacoDirect. I'll see how it compares with my EFKE R25. Maybe this will be the film I have been waiting for.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin