Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,241   Online: 828

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Ok. 10 rolls of Rollei RPX25 120 on the way from MacoDirect. I'll see how it compares with my EFKE R25. Maybe this will be the film I have been waiting for.
    I can't wait to see or hear about your results, especially if it's with your Pentax 6x7. Maybe I'll have to get some for mine? JohnW

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok. 10 rolls of Rollei RPX25 120 on the way from MacoDirect. I'll see how it compares with my EFKE R25. Maybe this will be the film I have been waiting for.
    Looks like you may be the first here on APUG to try it out. Don't forget to let us know your findings and whether it is anything like Pan F if you use such film.

I can wait until after Christmas for the report but as I get bored from Boxing Day onwards you will be sure to work all day on Xmas day in the darkroom, won't you .

I learned today that the average person can consume 7000 calories on Xmas day so I am doing you a big health favour.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe this will be it. The film that will finally make us all great photographers! :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Maybe this will be it. The film that will finally make us all great photographers! :-)
    OMG I hope so! I need all the help I can get.

Shooter
    35mm
    Remember that Maco always is great at bragging about their latest products which usually turn out to be re-labelled stuff by Kentmere/Ilford or Efke. I suppose this will be no different here.
    I have it on good authority that all other RPX products are actually Kentmere films.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    I have it on good authority that all other RPX products are actually Kentmere films.
    Shall we invite the saintly Mr. Galley to comment on this (again)?

Shooter
    35mm
    My information comes from Mr Schroeder, the former boss at Maco who confessed to the identity of Rollei RPX films in a German photo forum. When asked about the "new" Agfa APX film , i.e. the films you can currently buy in Germany that are branded Agfaphoto, he answered on Nov. 8, 2013 that these films would be the same as Kentmere, resp. Rollei RPX films.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    35mm
    OK. But Kentmere doesn't have ISO 25 film in own line up, so it will be a brand new emulsion. Right ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    My information comes from Mr Schroeder, the former boss at Maco who confessed to the identity of Rollei RPX films in a German photo forum. When asked about the "new" Agfa APX film , i.e. the films you can currently buy in Germany that are branded Agfaphoto, he answered on Nov. 8, 2013 that these films would be the same as Kentmere, resp. Rollei RPX films.
    My impression has been that at least RPX400 and Kentmere 400 are different films, and I've seen some experiments with both these films here that implied that they were indeed different films. Can't find the link, though...

However, if a manager from Maco confessed that they were the same films, please provide us with a link so that we can read it ourselves. Also, if I'm not misunderstanding you, that statement only concerned the new APX and the (nowadays) old RPX, and not RPX's relation to Kentmere?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully it has better QC and less light piping. Please let us know what the box says for a country of origin and how it works for you. We want all the sordid details, time, temp, etc!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin