Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1026

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Carlsson View Post
    My impression has been that at least RPX400 and Kentmere 400 are different films, and I've seen some experiments with both these films here that implied that they were indeed different films. Can't find the link, though...

However, if a manager from Maco confessed that they were the same films, please provide us with a link so that we can read it ourselves. Also, if I'm not misunderstanding you, that statement only concerned the new APX and the (nowadays) old RPX, and not RPX's relation to Kentmere?
    See for yourself, hope you do understand some German:
    http://www.aphog.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27302
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by timor View Post
    OK. But Kentmere doesn't have ISO 25 film in own line up, so it will be a brand new emulsion. Right ?
    I don't think so. As I said, Kentmere is one of the possibilities. My money is rather on Efke 25.
    Kentmere/Ilford Harman will not produce brandnew emulsions for other companies, let alone for a company notorious for its rebranding, relabelling and its confusing market policies.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    I don't think so. As I said, Kentmere is one of the possibilities. My money is rather on Efke 25.
    Kentmere/Ilford Harman will not produce brandnew emulsions for other companies, let alone for a company notorious for its rebranding, relabelling and its confusing market policies.
    Efke 25?
    The factory producing Efke has been shut over a year now ...

What evidence do you have for those (contradictory) statements about Harman?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Hopefully it has better QC and less light piping. Please let us know what the box says for a country of origin and how it works for you. We want all the sordid details, time, temp, etc!
    My primary interest in this film is as a replacement for my Efke 25. I will do some testing against my current stock of Efke R25 and I also have a bit of Pan F 50 lying about so that is possible.

I'll develop this with D76 first since that is my primary developer, but if any of you have any suggestions I am certainly open. I also have some HC110, Rodinal, DDX and Diafine in the house right now. I really have no plans to pick up any other developers right now so that is the selection.

Although I would love to try this out in the P67 I won't be able to do that this time. I will be using the P645Nii since it is a very reliable camera and gives me more frames to play with. I also have a pretty decent selection of lenses for this camera.

I am not very experienced in film testing so any suggestions on how best to go about this is certainly appreciated.

I will be very surprised if this makes it to me very quickly so it is not likely that I will be able to do anything with it until after the Holiday Season.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll be trying it out in Xtol and Rodinal. Maybe something lower contrast if necessary.

I've only got 1 roll of Rollei Pan 25.. so I wont be making comparisons, I'll be saving that for landscapes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > RPX400 and Kentmere 400 are different
    Yes they are. RPX 400 is a batch of film, which someone ordered form Harmann. It is based on Kentmere 400, but the recipe was modified. The contract failed and the film left over.
    The bad side: It exists only this single batcht. If it is sold out, we never get it again.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Harman do contract emulsion mixing and coating for anyone who comes to them with specifications of their own and the money to buy the results.

They have stated many times on this forum that they will not re-brand any of the films that they make and sell - either under the Ilford name or the Kentmere name.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > RPX400 and Kentmere 400 are different
    Yes they are. RPX 400 is a batch of film, which someone ordered form Harmann. It is based on Kentmere 400, but the recipe was modified. The contract failed and the film left over.
    The bad side: It exists only this single batcht. If it is sold out, we never get it again.
    I suppose that explains the different emulsion numbers on different batches of RPX 400 over time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See for yourself, hope you do understand some German:
    http://www.aphog.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27302
    Thank you!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin