Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,179   Online: 1144

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Concerning a statement of the former head of Maco Photo Kentmere 100 and RPX 100 are identical, Kentmere 400 and RPX 400 are not but still both made by Harman.

But this man has contradicted himself in the past.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    I don't think so. As I said, Kentmere is one of the possibilities. My money is rather on Efke 25.
    Kentmere/Ilford Harman will not produce brandnew emulsions for other companies, let alone for a company notorious for its rebranding, relabelling and its confusing market policies.
    Thanks, Thomas, for the link to APHOG. This is a very curious statement from Mr. Schroeder indeed, as he puts equality sign between "new" APX, Kentmere and RPX.
    So, Harman may not produce brand new emulsion for someone else, but they may do the contract coating using someone else's emulsion, let say, Efke 25 ? That would be not bad taking Harman's manufacturing standard is high. And you right about Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look at the English version of the Macodirect site, the description for this film seems to have been amended and now reads:

Quote Originally Posted by macodirect
    The thin-section document-emulsion is poured onto a highly transparent base and offers an extraordinary sharpness, with finest grain.
    (my emphasis - the original version did not include the word "document" & the OP has been edited to reflect the current version; I had the original version in my browser cache by chance)

which might suggest it is yet another repackaged copying film ... ?
    Last edited by pdeeh; 12-19-2013 at 04:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sad, if RPX 400 goes out of market. Its my film in 120.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    See for yourself, hope you do understand some German:
    http://www.aphog.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27302
    Well, my German is not perfect but the statement reads "it (APX New) behaves like a Kentmere or Rollei RPX film". I do not recollet him saying that the two films are identical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Sad, if RPX 400 goes out of market. Its my film in 120.
    Why would it go out of market? They have just designed new boxes for the whole line: http://www.aphog.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27822

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    > RPX400 and Kentmere 400 are different
    Yes they are. RPX 400 is a batch of film, which someone ordered form Harmann. It is based on Kentmere 400, but the recipe was modified. The contract failed and the film left over.
    The bad side: It exists only this single batcht. If it is sold out, we never get it again.
    May be I miss-understood something from above...
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    If you look at the English version of the Macodirect site, the description for this film seems to have been amended and now reads:

(my emphasis - the original version did not include the word "document" & the OP has been edited to reflect the current version; I had the original version in my browser cache by chance)

which might suggest it is yet another repackaged copying film ... ?
    Not that I told you so or anything but...I told you so. That's how the description struck me from the start.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Not that I told you so or anything but...I told you so. That's how the description struck me from the start.
    this maybe a copy&paste issue. The product information of ortho 25 says: "The document emulsion offers offers [sic!] an extraordinary sharpness extreme fine grain." Maybe this was the quarry for the new description, then they somehow put the informations: "thin-section" and "clear base" into it, eliminated some errors and simply forgot to cut out the word "document".
    I wouldn't waste time and effort with trying to get sense out of a text like that. No good object of exegesis...

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...hreadid=138868

The interesting question is if this is indeed a new emulsion or at least a dedicated coating. That would mean that MACO sees enough business to finance that. Harman gave up their plans for Delta 25 (but they had to protect their Pan F).
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin