Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,095   Online: 815

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Well, my German is not perfect but the statement reads "it (APX New) behaves like a Kentmere or Rollei RPX film". I do not recollet him saying that the two films are identical.
    You are right, but this is his way of saying exactly that! Believe me, we have had our share of experience with this guy.
    Maco data information should always be taken with a grain of salt. They often confuse data sheets with marketing.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see on the B&H site that the RPX 25 will(?) be available in 127 rolls as well:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...px_25_127.html

But the price shows as TWICE as high as the 120. I am only partially surprised by that. Sales will be lower. Rolling a different size will be labor intensive and all that. I'd buy a few (very few) rolls at that price, so the choice strikes me a touch odd. There are few 127 cameras with lenses and focus accuracy to make good use of a high-resolution film in 127 -- the baby Rolleis and Yashicamats and maybe a couple others. Most 127 cameras are little bakelite boxes with meniscus lenses or folders with zone or front-cell focusing. I love all mine. They're fun. But why not bring back the 80S in 127 or produce the RPX 100? Cheap cameras with cheap lenses want cheap film.

Not that I ever thought I'd complain about a new 127 B/W film, but US$10 would be much more appealing. This puts cost per frame at a large-format US$2.50 per shot for full-frame 127.

The ISO 25 is a good one for many of these cameras though. If they have no exposure controls, ISO 25 is probably period accurate.
    Last edited by PerfesserKev; 12-19-2013 at 07:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Photography has flourished for a century and a half with only two real subjects: beauty, and bad news." -- Larry McMurtry

Kevin Moloney Photography
    http://www.KevinMoloney.com

Perfesser Kev
    http://blog.KevinMoloney.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The old RPX-Kentmere game.... The first production run of the RPX400 (135 format) was a great film, and it was much better and for sure different from the Kentmere400. But I could never repeat these results with later produced RPX films and also never with the Kentmere400. The first RPX400 was fine grained and had very good pushing behaviour and the film flatness was the best I have ever seen from a 135 film. Nothing is left in later produced films. This is my subjective impression and it matches the statements of Mr. Schröder.

Before you ask , Bernhard, they put up my report about the RPX films online again without any notice, so I will have to tell them again to take it down ...... sigh......

Now to the RPX 25. Any speculations are useless. Let's wait until they are available. If it would be a "new" Kentmere/RPX emulsion, it should have a gray acetate base and a not so good halo protection, it's only done by the gray tint. You can easily identify Kentmere/RPX, see if very bright light blackens the film slightly into the borders and of course it's visible in the image with high contrast scenes. In this regard all Kentmere/RPX films behave the same way so far. Nevertheless the RPX 100 is a great film imho. The 400 I don't like anymore.

Best - Reinhold

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the past MACO sold a film called Rollei PAN 25. This Film was produced by Filmotec. It was an upgraded version of ORWO NP15. The development data provided for RPX25 are the same as for the old PAN 25. ....

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Danke für die Info Klaus. Orwo NP15 wasn't bad at all

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    You are right, but this is his way of saying exactly that! Believe me, we have had our share of experience with this guy.
    Maco data information should always be taken with a grain of salt. They often confuse data sheets with marketing.
    see post #51

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    As a MACO dealer, I can say to you the new RPX 25 film is NOT a rebadged film.

This film has never been released on the market before. NEVER.

It's the result of a cooperation between three major companies involved in analog photography.

Now, we have to wait for it and test it. It 's time to stop the speculations, no?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    It 's time to stop the speculations, no?
    There would be no speculation if there were fact sheets available.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I agree. But be reassured, datasheet will be released in a few days ...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    As a MACO dealer, I can say to you the new RPX 25 film is NOT a rebadged film.

This film has never been released on the market before. NEVER.

It's the result of a cooperation between three major companies involved in analog photography.

Now, we have to wait for it and test it. It 's time to stop the speculations, no?
    3 major companies: one producing the film, one packaging/relabelling, one selling the film.

I tell you what. If you could leave out all the secrecy, you'd be really doing the market a favour.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin