Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,746   Online: 1101

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    3 major companies: one producing the film, one packaging/relabelling, one selling the film.

I tell you what. If you could leave out all the secrecy, you'd be really doing the market a favour.
    Maybe you can stop to be negative?
    You forget one thing: the company that sells the film also invest a lot of money in order to propose to YOU a NEW film.

The investing company is taking a RISK for YOU.

So please, before to judge by advance, can you please wait to test the film ? then you'll give your opinion on it ... No ?

You can trust me, this film is a brand new film. BUt today , like you, I have not tested it.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't see your point. What does the risk of investment have to do with releasing the most basic information about this film? We only want to know who made it. What's the big deal? Everybody knows that Maco is no producer of films but a company that packages and sells (just like Freestyle), so why be so secretive about it?
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok so maybe it isn't a document film needing special low contrast developer for continuous tone results. But the blurb is written to give that impression even if one leaves out "document." Calling it thin (all modern films are thin emulsion, the document/recording films are thinner than normal films though) and the obscure and weirdly worded "high sensitivity reserve of one f-stop" which SOUNDS like it has a straight line "curve" only one stop long sure make it sound like one.

I hope I'm wrong and it isn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so why be so secretive about it?
    many many manufacturers in many many industries make "own label" products for resellers of all sorts (food is a perfect example), and many manufacturers will have agreements in place that the source of the material, whether it's baked beans or film, is not to be revealed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They don't have to tell us who makes it. But some more information like "this is a brand new emulsion not a copy of anything made before" (which it seems they have said) and "a continuous tone film that works well for pictorial results in standard developers" (which I don't think they've said) and maybe some RMS granularity figures, some hint about the curve shape etc. would go a long way to settling down the speculation around the mystery box.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I don't see your point. What does the risk of investment have to do with releasing the most basic information about this film? We only want to know who made it. What's the big deal? Everybody knows that Maco is no producer of films but a company that packages and sells (just like Freestyle), so why be so secretive about it?
    Photo Industry has always been a secrecy world. This is it, and this will keep going in this way. Why? Because of the competitors, of course.

So, I repeat: Please wait for the datasheet in a few days and keep quiet

Be happy, a new film will be here, that's the most important.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Pray that it really is a data sheet and not some typical Maco-like marketing poetry.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    They don't have to tell us who makes it. But some more information like "this is a brand new emulsion not a copy of anything made before" (which it seems they have said) and "a continuous tone film that works well for pictorial results in standard developers" (which I don't think they've said) and maybe some RMS granularity figures, some hint about the curve shape etc. would go a long way to settling down the speculation around the mystery box.
    From what I know this film is a continuous tone film, it does not need a low contrast developer like ATP does to obtain good results.

My wish is : I hope it's a better film than PanF which is the bad duck in the Ilford range. But as I have not tested it yet, I can't say it right now.

Let's wait please I'll receive the first stock next week Then you'll be welcome to order them in my shop, if you want

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bad duck? Please be serious.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am, but I am subjectively serious , as all of us. Because Photography is a subjective world, where feeling is the key point. I have not the feeling with Pan F and more than that I have real problem to develop it with the same high quality as the other ilford films.

the analog place to be

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin