Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,277   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

New film - Rollei RPX 25

There's just been an annoucement that there'll be an addition to the Rollei RPX series, this time it's an ASA 25 version. Looks like more technical-type of film to me, I really liked their ORT25 film so would be interesting to how this new film renders b&w images.

From Macodirect:

Newest addition to the popular RPX family: Rollei RPX 25.

With the Rollei RPX 25, we have a low-speed panchromatic black and white film with a nominal sensitivity of ISO 25/15 ° in our product range again.
    The Rollei RPX 25 is characterised by a high sensitivity reserve of one f-stop, depending upon development. The thin-section document-emulsion is poured onto a highly transparent base and offers an extraordinary sharpness, with finest grain.

Has anyone tried it yet? I wonder what that particular "extraordinary sharpness" translates into. Or is it Agfa APX 25 rebadged?

I know it's for sale starting with January 2014, but hoping maybe someone "insider" can already give some thoughts on this

Cheers,
    Margus
    Last edited by tsiklonaut; 12-17-2013 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It says "Pan", so it doesn't sound like a tech film., they already have ATP film and if it's APX 25, it's getting pretty old. I think that was discontinued in '01. Could it be leftover Efke 25?
    Last edited by jim appleyard; 12-17-2013 at 01:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It neither ATP, nor APX 25, nor Efke 25.

It is RPX 25, a brand new film specially made for Rollei.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow! Who is making this film for Rollei?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    It neither ATP, nor APX 25, nor Efke 25.

It is RPX 25, a brand new film specially made for Rollei.
    That's good news. As said I always liked low-ASA films, so if it's a brand new design film it's starting to sound real promising now

Shooter
    35mm
    Can anyone explain in practical terms what a "high sensitivity reserve of one f-stop, depending on development" actually means?

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    probably means you can shoot it at 50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Can anyone explain in practical terms what a "high sensitivity reserve of one f-stop, depending on development" actually means?

Thanks

pentaxuser
    It sounds to me like it mean's it's a technical film that's very high contrast in normal developers, but of course I could be wrong. The sentence as written really doesn't make any sense.

Calling it "pan" in no way means it's not a technical film, it just means it's sensitive to the entire visual spectrum. Tech Pan was expanded panchromatic sensitivity with extended red.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting the german version of the text calls it "a high resolution and high acutance silver rich thin layer emulsion on a clear base. with one stop speed reserve" no reference to it being a document/technical film must be the translation. It doesn't seem to require a special developer to get normal contrast so maybe it's really a slow speed normal contrast emulsion if this is true than Rollei has my deepest respect.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Interesting the german version of the text calls it "a high resolution and high acutance silver rich thin layer emulsion on a clear base. with one stop speed reserve" no reference to it being a document/technical film must be the translation. It doesn't seem to require a special developer to get normal contrast so maybe it's really a slow speed normal contrast emulsion if this is true than Rollei has my deepest respect.
    I agree! I really like PanF when I want "slow", but it would be really nice to have a little different alternative. I'm sure it will cost folks in the states just a little more, but it just might be worth it. I know I'll give it a go just to see. JohnW

Page 1 of 26 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin