Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,376   Online: 1009

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Neopan 1600 and Pyrocat HD

I was wondering if anyone uses this combination and knows developing time which I can start with. I would also like to know how you process them. Thank you in advance.

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you using Neopan 1600 with another developer? I would assume that the only reason to use it would be for speed. It seems that Neopan 1600 is not much faster than Neopan 400, but tends to roll off at higher densities, allowing push processing without gross highlight blocking.

Pyrocat is probably not the best developer for push processing. Neopan 400 in Pyrocat is lovely, but I get only EI=250.

If you try it, let us know.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've never tried it in pyro, but I've found that the Fuji b&w films in general tend to be one full stop slower than the quoted speed. So neopan 1600 should be used at 800 to get goo densities in standard developper...

I'm curious about how it will behave in pyro...

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanhove
    So neopan 1600 should be used at 800 to get good densities in standard developper...
    According to Fujifilm's curves in the pdfs, Neopan1600 is only 2/3 of one stop faster than neopan400. So if you think that Neopan400 is actually 250 (which I do) then the 1600 will be around 400 if you want some shadow detail. For pushing, well that's another story and you would be using a different developer.

Neopan400 is quite fast in Xtol (and perhaps other vitamin C developers). I'm not sure how fast, but over 400. Maybe the 1600 film would respond similarly. But it's only available in 35mm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin