Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,452   Online: 868

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

A New Initiative From HARMAN technology Ltd... Launches.

Dear Apuggers,

Back in July we asked for your help and input into research and also a survey to see if we could 'make a difference' in the worldwide promotion of darkrooms and the teaching of analog photography and printing. Having studied the feedback we did indeed decide to make such an investment.

So it is with pleasure that we have today launched officially the Darkroom Locator Website.

We hope you will join, we hope you may have the opportunity to share and pass on your skills to others.

So our heartfelt thanks.

http://goo.gl/qUA1WR

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been there, done that. I'm on the registry.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That's GREAT, thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent, Simon. As soon as I get over my terror of humans I'll reconsider opening up my home to people needing some dark space to play in

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Registered, but how do you place a marker... tried to drag it, didn't work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Molli,

And as soon as I get over my terror of Australian sportsmen...I'll watch cricket again....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Simon,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you British chaps who came up with a little idea called, "Bodyline"?
    I know, I know, eighty years is a long time to hold a grudge, but really!

We're harmless by comparison...well, mostly harmless!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eighty years is not long to hold a grudge....!

Anyway this came shortly after my Australian distributors video Christmas Card showing you lot BBQ on the beach, drinking ice cold beer and generally just having far too good a time...and then winning the cricket, also the wind and rain is lashing at my office window and its about 15th second at f5.6 outside ( my party trick, I am a walking light meter...never get it wrong by more than a stop, based on ISO 125 ) my old Dad always said anywhere that only cost £ 10.00 to get to was'nt worth going to.......( other readers please google £ 10.00 Pom's ).

Another way of looking at it...if you live in a 'kind of' paradise..is just keep your head down and enjoy, and don't forget its your own fault you have so many English teenage backbackers, you exported Neighbours and Home and Away on the TV ( I used to watch Skippy, shows my age and I hated it ) during their formative years when they came home from school and put the box on, and planted those exotic lifesytle and good weather seeds.

Rant Over !

Simon, ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The tragedy is, Skippy is back on the television and your recollections are correct, it's rather appalling. However, if Neighbours and Home and Away are the draw cards then I can only commend the lot of you to Broadmoor!

By the way, it's currently five hours at f5.6 here, allowing for reciprocity failure :-p

Your Australian distributors video might be considered cruel to some, I suppose, but honestly, we just like to share. It's generosity, not a bucket of salt in the wounds that we send these things to you (again, Neighbours and Home and Away are the exceptions).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Molli,

I know its your generosity......but as always I assuage my feelings of deep envy by the following :

1 ) Nobody has ever been eaten by a shark the size of a family car whilst swimming off Brighton Beach.

2 ) Nobody in England has ever had their house eaten by insects...

3 ) If you are mowing your lawn in England and you hit a stick, its a stick...when in Australia it is probably a snake that can kill you just with a stare.....

4 ) If you are Kayakking ( not that I ever would, but if you were ) on the upper reaches of the Thames on a balmy day in June and you see a log float past...its a log.. not a 15 foot long salt water crocodile that is eyeing up lunch.

5 ) And finally, when I was young, I was sent off to Boy Scout Camp 7 miles from where I lived, in a park and it was truly an adventure, I was happy, I knew nothing else, how the heck do you lot get a buzz after spending time in the Blue mountains or in the outback, what badges do your scouts get? 'The I went camping for two days and nothing Bit me / Stung me / Ate Me / delete as appropriate Badge'

With Compliments of the season

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin