Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,848   Online: 964

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pyrocat-HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As with so many things, Truzi, it is a phrase with multiple meanings, only one of which is what you're thinking of ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I get better films speed with Pyrocat HD than with Xtol or ID-11/D76 (to achieve a similar tonal range. I shoot HP5 & Delta 100/400 at box speed.

I process in a Jobo tank mostly 5x4 sheet film but also some 120 as well with no issuesbut mine's an inversion tank.

Ian
    I also observe less speed loss (if any) with Delta 100 and 400 Films in Pyrocat HD. I am starting to wonder whether the streaks I see on films are not related to the age of the Pyrocat - one of the solutions (I think it is A) got rather strong yellow and much denser - maybe it does not dissolve properly in the working solution and causes the problem. I bought the Pyrocat HD some 8 or 9 years ago. Maybe it is time to get a fresh one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    As with so many things, Truzi, it is a phrase with multiple meanings, only one of which is what you're thinking of ...
    Normally I'd not have thought twice, but I see how some people so love their Pyrocat-HD, lol.

Seriously, though, I think it's time I opened the Pyrocat-HD (in glycol) I had purchased a while ago. I think I'll "knock-out" a roll of 120 (and I'm not very good, so a pugilistic interpretation may be apt).

There is no dearth of info on the internet to learn from, except for what may give me a good first-experience with this developer; something that makes it's attributes obvious. Any suggestions? I have Tri-X, TMAX 100 & 400, and Acros to play with, and we have quite a bit of snow this year.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Normally there is an info sheet with the Pyricat HD (well, if you buy it at photoformulary.com). I personally would start with either Tmax 100 or Tmax 400 and use EI of half the box speed.

Check out (for example) the webapge of Ken Lee: http://www.kenleegallery.com/index.php He uses pyrocat with TMax films with excellent results.

have fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now y'all have gone and convinced me to try this, too. I've ordered some pyrocat from the Formulary and will try it with some HP5+ 4x5 (that I normally use Xtol with) in a rotary setup when I get that together late this month.

The winter sun is strong and clear here in SoCal this year so this should be a good match.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin