Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,903   Online: 915

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Ack-rose
    Thanks, Richard Chip

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had a 10mtr tin of Agfa Ortho 25 in my fridge at 4deg C since about 1989. It has an expiry date of Jan 1990. A few months ago I took it out and wound a short length into a cassette and the resulting exposed negs were perfect. During an inactive period of photography from 2004 to 2012 I also had in the fridge some HP5, TMax 400, FP4, Delta 400, all way past their expiry dates and they were all OK. You don't need to freeze the film, a fridge will do.

I would like to see production or expiry dates for paper. Unless you have a vast fridge, which I don't, I find papers losing their edge after a year or so. When you buy paper you have no idea how long it has been on the retailer's shelf before it is sold. Adox now put a Production date on their packaging but I think they are the only ones who do. Ilford show batch numbers but there is no way to link these to dates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Trenchard View Post
    I've had a 10mtr tin of Agfa Ortho 25 in my fridge at 4deg C since about 1989. It has an expiry date of Jan 1990. A few months ago I took it out and wound a short length into a cassette and the resulting exposed negs were perfect. During an inactive period of photography from 2004 to 2012 I also had in the fridge some HP5, TMax 400, FP4, Delta 400, all way past their expiry dates and they were all OK. You don't need to freeze the film, a fridge will do.

I would like to see production or expiry dates for paper. Unless you have a vast fridge, which I don't, I find papers losing their edge after a year or so. When you buy paper you have no idea how long it has been on the retailer's shelf before it is sold. Adox now put a Production date on their packaging but I think they are the only ones who do. Ilford show batch numbers but there is no way to link these to dates.
    see this: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/photocomm...?TOPIC_ID=5480
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin