Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,166   Online: 794

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

what to sub for kodak d-76 replenisher

What is sub for this kodak d-76 replenisher
    I was using this but kodak D-76R, but they stop making it.
    Now what to use for a replenisher

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Switch to Xtol, fresh developer is used as replenisher and it gives slightly finer grain, better sharpness and a touch better shadow detail (very slight speed increase).

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not blend your own? All you need is Metol, Sodium Sulfite, Hydroquinone and Borax. Plus, with those chemicals you can also make as much D-76 as you want too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no substitute either use D-76 diluted instead as a one shot or pick another developer. HC-110 was designed by Kodak to produce nearly the same results as D-76. Read the following website for more information. http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I think the grain structure and shadow speed is better with HC-110. I've never liked D-76 except with large format slow films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    What is sub for this kodak d-76 replenisher
    I was using this but kodak D-76R, but they stop making it.
    Now what to use for a replenisher

Dave
    Ilford stopped making ID-11R replenisher as well, but they do sell Ilfotec DD which is designed to replicate ID-11 (D-76) but is more robust. It is designed for large volume processing though, but it may be a worthwhile option.

You can download a fact-sheet for 'DD' from this information page.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...ilm+Developers
    Last edited by Keith Tapscott.; 01-03-2014 at 03:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Silverprint now sell their own ID11 replensisher, made to the same formula as the Ilford product, personaly I use D76 stock, 10 films out of 1 litre, adding 10% after the first film, then 20.30.40 up to 90% for the tenth film as per the Ilford instructions for ID11 and have never had a problem

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Why not blend your own? All you need is Metol, Sodium Sulfite, Hydroquinone and Borax. Plus, with those chemicals you can also make as much D-76 as you want too.
    Well the micro scales are cheap and rugged so you can buy raw chemicals in volume and really reduce costs. They can resolve to 0.01 of a gm for phenodine formula to reduce costs further, eg by going to one of the Ilford fine grain PQ D76 clones or even Microphen as ID68.

ID68 is softer working for same ISO... magic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Well the micro scales are cheap and rugged so you can buy raw chemicals in volume and really reduce costs. They can resolve to 0.01 of a gm for phenodine formula to reduce costs further, eg by going to one of the Ilford fine grain PQ D76 clones or even Microphen as ID68.

ID68 is softer working for same ISO... magic.
    Yes, I just bought a digital scale off the big online auction that measures down to 0.01 Gram and I paid under $10.00 USD including shipping. If I liked D76 replenished and couldn't get D76R then I'd be mixing up my own in a heartbeat. Heck, I would mix my own anyway. Part of the "fun in the darkroom" and I haven't played chemist since high school. JohnW

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What is the recipe for the D76R

Thank you
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Yes, I just bought a digital scale off the big online auction that measures down to 0.01 Gram and I paid under $10.00 USD including shipping. If I liked D76 replenished and couldn't get D76R then I'd be mixing up my own in a heartbeat. Heck, I would mix my own anyway. Part of the "fun in the darkroom" and I haven't played chemist since high school. JohnW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin