Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,166   Online: 794
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    smithdoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Clovis CA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    125

    what to sub for kodak d-76 replenisher

    What is sub for this kodak d-76 replenisher
    I was using this but kodak D-76R, but they stop making it.
    Now what to use for a replenisher

    Dave

  2. #2
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,435
    Images
    148
    Switch to Xtol, fresh developer is used as replenisher and it gives slightly finer grain, better sharpness and a touch better shadow detail (very slight speed increase).

    Ian

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake, Michigan
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    623
    Why not blend your own? All you need is Metol, Sodium Sulfite, Hydroquinone and Borax. Plus, with those chemicals you can also make as much D-76 as you want too.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,143
    There is no substitute either use D-76 diluted instead as a one shot or pick another developer. HC-110 was designed by Kodak to produce nearly the same results as D-76. Read the following website for more information. http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  5. #5
    artonpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    325
    Images
    135
    Personally I think the grain structure and shadow speed is better with HC-110. I've never liked D-76 except with large format slow films.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plymouth. UK.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,403
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    What is sub for this kodak d-76 replenisher
    I was using this but kodak D-76R, but they stop making it.
    Now what to use for a replenisher

    Dave
    Ilford stopped making ID-11R replenisher as well, but they do sell Ilfotec DD which is designed to replicate ID-11 (D-76) but is more robust. It is designed for large volume processing though, but it may be a worthwhile option.

    You can download a fact-sheet for 'DD' from this information page.

    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...ilm+Developers
    Last edited by Keith Tapscott.; 01-03-2014 at 03:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jersey Channel Islands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    372
    Silverprint now sell their own ID11 replensisher, made to the same formula as the Ilford product, personaly I use D76 stock, 10 films out of 1 litre, adding 10% after the first film, then 20.30.40 up to 90% for the tenth film as per the Ilford instructions for ID11 and have never had a problem

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Why not blend your own? All you need is Metol, Sodium Sulfite, Hydroquinone and Borax. Plus, with those chemicals you can also make as much D-76 as you want too.
    Well the micro scales are cheap and rugged so you can buy raw chemicals in volume and really reduce costs. They can resolve to 0.01 of a gm for phenodine formula to reduce costs further, eg by going to one of the Ilford fine grain PQ D76 clones or even Microphen as ID68.

    ID68 is softer working for same ISO... magic.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake, Michigan
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Well the micro scales are cheap and rugged so you can buy raw chemicals in volume and really reduce costs. They can resolve to 0.01 of a gm for phenodine formula to reduce costs further, eg by going to one of the Ilford fine grain PQ D76 clones or even Microphen as ID68.

    ID68 is softer working for same ISO... magic.
    Yes, I just bought a digital scale off the big online auction that measures down to 0.01 Gram and I paid under $10.00 USD including shipping. If I liked D76 replenished and couldn't get D76R then I'd be mixing up my own in a heartbeat. Heck, I would mix my own anyway. Part of the "fun in the darkroom" and I haven't played chemist since high school. JohnW

  10. #10
    smithdoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Clovis CA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    125
    What is the recipe for the D76R

    Thank you
    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by JW PHOTO View Post
    Yes, I just bought a digital scale off the big online auction that measures down to 0.01 Gram and I paid under $10.00 USD including shipping. If I liked D76 replenished and couldn't get D76R then I'd be mixing up my own in a heartbeat. Heck, I would mix my own anyway. Part of the "fun in the darkroom" and I haven't played chemist since high school. JohnW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin