Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,475   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Many thanks for the info Tom. I will give Silverprint a look.

Alan Clark

Quote Originally Posted by jstewart
    Polymax FA and toning?

It doesn't tone with selenium for me, and the product guide confirms that. I also find it has really really cold tone, especially if you use benzotriazone as restrainer. With KBr is just a small bit warmer (in D72).

Which toners are effective?

Jim
    Don't think I would recommend Polymax FA for a warm tone - it suits those subjects where a cold tone is right.That said it will 'purple up' a bit in selenium, it also tones well in Polytoner, Viradon and gold.
    I note Tom compares its surface texture to Agfa MCC. I find the paper we get here has a texture almost identical to the old Elite, i.e a sort of felt finish with a high gloss.
    Of course they also made a C surface which was semi-gloss and cream. I loved this paper and so naturally it has just been discontinued.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin