Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,801   Online: 672

Shooter
    Medium Format

Old films to develop

Dear friends,

I discovered 3 films B&W 400TMY-2 Ilford, I shooted 3yrs ago but forgotten for different reasons.
    They stayed at room temperature and I would like to develop them now with a possible result.
    Do you have some advice? Do you had similar experience?
    Thank a lot for your answer
    <°Aldo><

Should be fine to develop using your standard developer and time combo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bartram View Post
    Should be fine to develop using your standard developer and time combo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Agree. They aren't that old, and three years, unless it was in a really hot place, shouldn't bother them.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by la.triglia View Post
    Dear friends,

I discovered 3 films B&W 400TMY-2 Ilford, I shooted 3yrs ago but forgotten for different reasons.
    They stayed at room temperature and I would like to develop them now with a possible result.
    Do you have some advice? Do you had similar experience?
    Thank a lot for your answer
    Slightly confused as 400 TMY-2 is a Kodak film, still, assuming a mix of 400 iso emulsions you should have no issues over that time and storage conditions. Above 25 degrees is bad, as are temperature fluctuations (so steady room temp is good) newer crystal type films are more stable with latent image as are faster emulsions (which may be counter-intuitive) and the age of the film when exposed is a factor.

So, with modern crystal 400 iso film at room temp exposed when in date you should see no difference to recently exposed film.

BTW Pan-F has a poor reputation for latent image stability because of the bad boxes it ticks, old emulsion, slow film.
    Bad is relative here you will still get a "good" image under most circumstances.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin