Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,101   Online: 787

Shooter
    Medium Format

Paterson Acugrade FX-31 dev - formula?

Hallo there,
    A longshot this one but worth a try!
    Does anyone know if the formula for the old (discontinued) Paterson Acugrade FX-31 developer is known? If so, where can it be found?

I do not think that it is produced by anyone anymore so any help will be useful.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do you mean FX-39? The formula has never been published. FX-37 is reputed to be very similar. I use it regularly and find it similar enough to FX-39 for my liking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Do you mean FX-39? The formula has never been published. FX-37 is reputed to be very similar. I use it regularly and find it similar enough to FX-39 for my liking.
    Hallo, I *think* that the FX-39/37 is the film dev from Paterson. The Acugrade FX-31 is/was a print developer for multigrade papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, FX-39 and FX-37 are film developers. I see, I didn't realise FX-31 was a print developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no record of a formula for this name as published in the BJ by Crawley. Remember he did not publish all of his formulas and some remained trade secrets of the companies to whom he sold them.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 01-04-2014 at 09:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin