Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,524   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    We get panned for taking about scanning, so why has this any thing to do with APUG?
    Because I thought painted negatives or color digital negatives would have more control on the processes. Now I am continueing on Ortho Paper and colored negative.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    We get panned for taking about scanning, so why has this any thing to do with APUG?
    Because this paper though intended for digital exposure is nevertheless the only panchromatic paper left. (I don't know about the Minutka paper.)

And as such it belongs to our portfolio.

A discussion on the contradictions by Ilford in their statements about their use for digital printing may well be off-limits.
    But as seen above it could bring up something of interest for us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Because I thought painted negatives or color digital negatives would have more control on the processes. Now I am continueing on Ortho Paper and colored negative.
    what is ortho paper and colored negatives ?

black and white film that is hand colored in reverse and printed on ortho paper ?

orthochromatic isn't sensitive to the panchromatic black and white spectrum
    sometimes it is only blue sensitive, sometimes only UV sensitive sometimes reds ..

if you are trying to create color images with black and white materials you are better off making
    3 color separation negatives red green and blue ( with regular b/w film )
    and projecting them onto color printing materials or going to dpug and learning how to make modern tri color images ..

not sure how hand colored black and white negatives would work with ortho papers ...
    although i am interested in learning how
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    John,

As you know Pyro Developers have stain effect and it works on Ortho Paper. I am trying to put that effect with colored negatives.Either with digital color negatives or hand painted negatives. If it is sensitive to narrow spectrum of blue , it can be analysed to find effects of various shades , stains of blue or it can be used to make semi light transparent , colored dots to control the diffusion.

Umut

You can filter the color file, say yellow to deepen blues, so when converted to grey, the file suits the paper better.

I would filter, use covert to black.white, use levels to get good scale black to white, use mild contrast increase curve to punch it up some. This is almost the same as normal digital work flow

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As I understand this paper, it is a fixed grade paper. It was designed as a fixed grade paper, where the designed purpose is that you adjust contrast in the computer program to fit the paper perfectly. I've been interested in this paper because I am fascinated by the serendipity that a paper adapted to technology has brought me, as an analog photographer, a new paper that I want. Galerie is my favorite paper. Otherwise Galerie comes in Grades 2 and 3. This would be Grade 4. The fact it is panchromatic is sort of an inconvenience. But since I have an infrared viewer... it's not going to bother me. The fact it is fast is also going to make it harder for me to control... But I am looking forward to experimenting with it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bill, Do you have an laser printer ? Prof.Pixel indicated that these papers made to expose with RGB lasers not white light. How do you think to use that paper ? Did you see anyone uses that paper as white light printng paper ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My idea would be to use the Omega DII with the Aristo grid light source that I already have. So I would use white light (it's really a teal color). Since I would be ignoring the purpose it is designed for, there is some risk that it "will not work" as well as I would like it to. But right now, I think that it would be splendid.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bill, Do you have an laser printer ? Prof.Pixel indicated that these papers made to expose with RGB lasers not white light. How do you think to use that paper ? Did you see anyone uses that paper as white light printng paper ?
    No. My only point is that if you have a colour (say red) and it is translated into a grey, it may not be the luminance of grey you think it should be.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John,

As you know Pyro Developers have stain effect and it works on Ortho Paper. I am trying to put that effect with colored negatives.Either with digital color negatives or hand painted negatives. If it is sensitive to narrow spectrum of blue , it can be analysed to find effects of various shades , stains of blue or it can be used to make semi light transparent , colored dots to control the diffusion.

Umut

i don't use pyro developers and i have never heard of this.
    seems strange seeing from what i hear, pyro stains are usually greenish
    and the opposite of green is magenta ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin