Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,787   Online: 826

Shooter
    Medium Format

Recommendations for developing Tri-X in Fomadon R09

I'm finally going to try developing some 135 Tri-X in the Fomadon R09 I bought from Freestyle some time ago. I have some tape stuck on the bottle that I must have put on after an internet search, and on it I had scrawled suggestions to use minimal agitation (1 inversion every 60 seconds I suppose), and develop for 14 minutes at 68 degrees w/ a 1:40 dilution. My usual developer is D76, so if anyone has any different recommendations that might be better to emulate that developer I'm open to them. I still use D76, but I bought the Fomadon in the hope of being able to use it one shot to achieve better consistency.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The norm with Rodinal for Tri-X would be

7 mins @ 1:25
    14 mins @ 1:50

says that on my R09 bottle (no hint of who makes it)... for 20C.

you may have the less concentrated form...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the stuff made in the Czech Republic (if that makes any difference). There seems to be some confusion on the Rodinal clones' times and dilutions. I may go w/ 1:25 and a little extra agitation in the hope of a little more grain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin