Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,425   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Doremus and Michael,

Thank you very much.

There are however, hybrid processes used for local contrast control: A normally developed B&W negative is scanned. Colours are applied selectively to areas of the image (usually varying amounts of yellow and magenta) and the resulting "colourized" negative is then printed on some sort of suitable support. What you then have is a B&W negative with built-in local contrast filtering.
    Michael , That was what I was after to invent and been invented long ago. I was not aware of it because DPUG is at other planet and I rarely visit there.

Now , the big question , you can print colored areas on bw digital negatives to control the local contrast. I understood that. But is there such a thing print colored dots which will affect as semi transparent or controlled transparency dots. I never read anything about hybrid processes and I dont have any idea if there was such a process ?

Thank you,
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't help you there. Maybe others will have more info but that's beyond anything I'm familiar with.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Tanning is really a huge subject that goes way beyond currently popular black and white techniques, into dye transfer and Technicolor, and
    numerous less familiar obsolete color printing methods, and even into medical applications. You might want to get ahold of some serious photo chem textbooks from the relevant eras. And now hybrid tweaks can hypothetically go all kinds of new directions. But you do need to differentiate tanning relief per se from the concept of image stain, which might or might not be related.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Drew,

I need to find a term to use at search engines for finding the wildest applications on tanning. If that is medical application , there might be lots of pdf articles. How do I need to search ?

Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Your initial keywords should be something like "gelatin tanning", "gelatin crosslinking", and obviously, "tanning developers". Recent forays into
    medical gelatin might involve traditional chemicals, or some very nasty expensive things that I certainly wouldn't want to fool with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin