Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1047

Shooter
    4x5 Format

DEVELOPER without using Replenisher has any try this

Has any one use DEVELOPER without using Replenisher
    I found this one

Dave
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just tried my first lot of Microphen. I thought I'd bought a 5L kit, which I would have used diluted one-shot, but turns out it was only a 1L kit. So I'm keeping it in an accordion bottle and just resuing it.

First two rolls were Delta 3200 120 ei3200 done together and both came out great.

Third roll was expired tri-x 400 ei800, time +10% because it was the third roll, then derated because it was 23 degrees (although it was probably closer to 23.5, not sure how accurate thermometer is though). Ended up at 7.15mins (I think I may have done it at 7.30, depends how anal you want to be about when to start and stop the timer).

Anyway, if anything (just looking at the negs, haven't scanned or enlarged yet), the base is a slight bit dense, not sure if it was developed too hot/long or if it was just expired base fog. Nothing to complain about though.

I'll let you know how the last 7 rolls turn out...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, used DD-X and Ilford's instructions, worked just fine.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I just tried my first lot of Microphen. I thought I'd bought a 5L kit, which I would have used diluted one-shot, but turns out it was only a 1L kit. So I'm keeping it in an accordion bottle and just resuing it.
    Transfer it immediately to a glass or PET bottle or it won't be worth a tinker's dam when you go to use it. These accordion bottles are really worthless for storing developer. OK for stop and fixer.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Unless you try eleven films you should be ok I keep 2 litres of ID68 (Microphen) in an accordion cause I use 1.5 litre Patterson tank for 5x36 films allows 20 films
    I've done 25 in error and the last 5 were well contrasty...
    There is a risk of particles, film debris and 1+3 is cheaper and probably sharper.

I have bad allergies so don't like metol options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i did this with caffenol c spiked with ansco 130 for 6months.
    it was caffenol made with sumatran beans ( 100% robusta )
    and ansco 130 15cc / 750cc ... it was about 3L in total.
    i processed maybe 200 sheets of film ( sheets of 4x5 + rolls of 120, 35mm, 110 )
    c41_e6_b/w as well as sheets of paper ( 4x5 - 8x10+ hand rolled 122 spools with 6-7 exposures
    of post card format paper )

eventually i got nervous, and dumped 2L and mixed fresh 2L ... but it was still going strong.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Before I switched to Rodinal and HC110 - I used T-max developer: 1 liter for 10 films without using replenisher, no problems at all.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin