Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,581   Posts: 1,622,106   Online: 888

Shooter
    Multi Format

Printing b&w positive film with HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper.

My grandfather gave me a roll of 35mm Kodak b&w film that was developed as a positive. The images appear to be from the early to mid 1940s and I believe one of them is a portrait of my great grandfather.

Has anyone here had any experience with using this paper? Are there any particular things I should be aware of? I have experience with printing traditional negatives but not positives. Any information is greatly appreciated. This is also my first post to APUG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have not tried it (as an enlarger paper) but just do a test strip like any other paper. It has more contrast then traditional enlarger paper, so perhaps diluted developer will work a bit nicer.

Shooter
    35mm
    To cope with the relatively high contrast, try a pre-flash on the paper. It is also possible that the transparency is very low in contrast, in which case you may have a lucky coincidence!

I'm sure that we would all be interested in how well this turns out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin