Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,591   Online: 918

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I had a couple of 4x5 holders that were a little wonky. I threw the worst one away, but put the other one (unmarked) back into circulation. I kind of like that John Cage randomness - knowing I'm in control of a lot of things... just not everything. (and I still get interesting prints from it, though sometimes I have to crop.)
    Do you shoot chromes? I don't think you would like it so much then...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post

I will say that I do occasionally see portraits that Fred Lum does for the Globe and Mail, he often uses a sheet of film with the makers name at the edge of the image to get a bit more eye capture effect. (sometimes sheet film and other times 120) so I can see where having the branding might be useful to some, and would remind folks that Illford is around and does make film. OTOH I can also see folks objecting to the "free Advertising effect"
    There seems to be a fashion in magazines, etc., for printing pictures (no doubt digital originals!) inside an artificial frame of the edge of a 120 or 35mm film complete with edge markings.

Artistic....but more often that not you see color pictures with Tri-X edge markings, or B&W apparently taken on film with Ektachrome markings !

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are even "frames" given to photographs that consist of the back-side of an SX-70 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Do you shoot chromes? I don't think you would like it so much then...
    No, I don't, and on a retiree's fixed income, it's not likely that I will start any time soon.

Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    There seems to be a fashion in magazines, etc., for printing pictures (no doubt digital originals!) inside an artificial frame of the edge of a 120 or 35mm film complete with edge markings.
    But Fred Lum is actually one of us! I have seen him post on this board but I can't remember his screen name.

He has gone as far as using a Brownie Camera made in the same year as his subject was born to get the real effect.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Only once a year? This better not be a classic you're neglecting.
    1970. If it was in original spec (it's not) it would be worth a lot of money as it's not only a classic, it's a highly collectable Aussie legend. Unfortunately (in hindsight!!!) I bought a modified one!

Now what was the topic of this thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monaro.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    But Fred Lum is actually one of us! I have seen him post on this board but I can't remember his screen name.

He has gone as far as using a Brownie Camera made in the same year as his subject was born to get the real effect.
    Yes, I wasn't referring to him, no problem when effects are genuinely analog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    1970. If it was in original spec (it's not) it would be worth a lot of money as it's not only a classic, it's a highly collectable Aussie legend. Unfortunately (in hindsight!!!) I bought a modified one!

Now what was the topic of this thread
    Nice... but how can you only drive that once a year? Blasphemy! lol.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Nice... but how can you only drive that once a year? Blasphemy! lol.
    in one word.. kids!

I actually bled the brakes before this years 'drive around the block', which meant I actually had some retardation effect! That was good!

Hoping to spend some time and money on it this year...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, at least the tires have edge markings.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin