Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,591   Online: 918
      
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123
  1. #111
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,988
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I had a couple of 4x5 holders that were a little wonky. I threw the worst one away, but put the other one (unmarked) back into circulation. I kind of like that John Cage randomness - knowing I'm in control of a lot of things... just not everything. (and I still get interesting prints from it, though sometimes I have to crop.)
    Do you shoot chromes? I don't think you would like it so much then...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  2. #112

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post

    I will say that I do occasionally see portraits that Fred Lum does for the Globe and Mail, he often uses a sheet of film with the makers name at the edge of the image to get a bit more eye capture effect. (sometimes sheet film and other times 120) so I can see where having the branding might be useful to some, and would remind folks that Illford is around and does make film. OTOH I can also see folks objecting to the "free Advertising effect"
    There seems to be a fashion in magazines, etc., for printing pictures (no doubt digital originals!) inside an artificial frame of the edge of a 120 or 35mm film complete with edge markings.

    Artistic....but more often that not you see color pictures with Tri-X edge markings, or B&W apparently taken on film with Ektachrome markings !

  3. #113
    AgX
    AgX is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,082
    There are even "frames" given to photographs that consist of the back-side of an SX-70 film.

  4. #114
    Toffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Point Pelee, ON, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,804
    Images
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Do you shoot chromes? I don't think you would like it so much then...
    No, I don't, and on a retiree's fixed income, it's not likely that I will start any time soon.

    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

    Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

    http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com


  5. #115
    cmacd123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stittsville, Ontario
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    There seems to be a fashion in magazines, etc., for printing pictures (no doubt digital originals!) inside an artificial frame of the edge of a 120 or 35mm film complete with edge markings.
    But Fred Lum is actually one of us! I have seen him post on this board but I can't remember his screen name.

    He has gone as far as using a Brownie Camera made in the same year as his subject was born to get the real effect.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,996
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Only once a year? This better not be a classic you're neglecting.
    1970. If it was in original spec (it's not) it would be worth a lot of money as it's not only a classic, it's a highly collectable Aussie legend. Unfortunately (in hindsight!!!) I bought a modified one!

    Now what was the topic of this thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monaro.jpg  

  7. #117

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    But Fred Lum is actually one of us! I have seen him post on this board but I can't remember his screen name.

    He has gone as far as using a Brownie Camera made in the same year as his subject was born to get the real effect.
    Yes, I wasn't referring to him, no problem when effects are genuinely analog.

  8. #118
    Truzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    1970. If it was in original spec (it's not) it would be worth a lot of money as it's not only a classic, it's a highly collectable Aussie legend. Unfortunately (in hindsight!!!) I bought a modified one!

    Now what was the topic of this thread
    Nice... but how can you only drive that once a year? Blasphemy! lol.
    Truzi

  9. #119

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,996
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Nice... but how can you only drive that once a year? Blasphemy! lol.
    in one word.. kids!

    I actually bled the brakes before this years 'drive around the block', which meant I actually had some retardation effect! That was good!

    Hoping to spend some time and money on it this year...

  10. #120
    AgX
    AgX is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,082
    Well, at least the tires have edge markings.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin