Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,912   Online: 776

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I print almost exclusively in Palladium. If I want my print to say Ilford, I'll take a picture of the box the film came in. I would have to look for another film if they added edge markings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No thanks. I prefer no text on the edges. Sometimes the type does intrude. Code notches aren't hard to deal with and you don't need to memorize them, the info is readily available. Take notes, paper is cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Haha it doesn't bother me? Why don't you like it? I PREFER the non gloss, but only aesthetically does it bug me.
    If you were a printer it would bug you...

On a similar note... I wonder why makers of painters canvas don't print their name on the front edge...? It'd be good advertising wouldn't it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    If you were a printer it would bug you...

On a similar note... I wonder why makers of painters canvas don't print their name on the front edge...? It'd be good advertising wouldn't it?
    They should put it on the back though, which is essentially what the edge is for film, where you don't print, because you don't expose that area...

Then again I like my grafmatics to still contain the number thing.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They should put it on the back though, which is essentially what the edge is for film, where you don't print, because you don't expose that area...
    I don't think this would work, especially for snobs like me who still stretch their own canvases.

Here's a thought, Stone: If you buy some Ilford printing paper you get stickers with it. You can put those stickers on your negatives.
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 01-08-2014 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Then again I like my grafmatics to still contain the number thing.
    How is the front of a photographic print with advertising on it (from the negative) the same as the back of a canvas with advertising on it...?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I don't think this would work, especially for snobs like me who still stretch their own canvases.

Here's a thought, Stone: If you buy some Ilford printing paper you get stickers with it. You can put those stickers on your negatives.

notch codes arent that hard to figure out if need be .. im glad they dont have text on the film .. hate that ..
    almost as much as the number wheel on my graphmatic ,, thats why the fiirst thing when i got one was unscew the holder and remove the wheel.
    the notch codes are bad enough a number wheel in the negative is even worse

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No thanks, and Stone you need to try printing.

I usually figure out the film code on used holders containing film, which happens all the time!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    notch codes arent that hard to figure out if need be .. im glad they dont have text on the film .. hate that ..
    almost as much as the number wheel on my graphmatic ,, thats why the fiirst thing when i got one was unscew the holder and remove the wheel.
    the notch codes are bad enough a number wheel in the negative is even worse
    Do you still have that wheel? I need 2 more
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    No thanks, and Stone you need to try printing.

I usually figure out the film code on used holders containing film, which happens all the time!
    Well as I said it's more about helping ilford and making a "cool" image for posting online then for identification, and I'm getting better at remembering the codes. But to a novice it's a deterrent, and forget that old mentality of "if you can't make it, don't bother" with that attitude not enough new blood will make it to film.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin