Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 716

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All, I cannot ever envisage a need to edge sign sheet film, the benefit to some would be outweighed by the inconvenience to others. As always, any suggestions or ideas are always welcome but this is a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it moment' . I was though fairly taken aback by the impuning of the Lucus Company in this thread ! Who cannot have enjoyed the melodic and reassuring constant ticking of your Lucas fuel pump in your 60's or 70' British built car... And tell me how mNy car components today can you fix with a flamboyant blow with a hammer and impress your passengers no end. Note to readers, if anyone has bought a 'classic' British car of this period and you found a hammer in the boot...it's not unusual at all.... Simon Ilford Photo / Harman technology
    Finally, the answer comes 40 years too late!

I had a Triumph TR3 that just would not run right. Always thought the problem was with the SU carburators.

Shooter
    Large Format
    i always thought it was the starter one wacks with a hammer
    because they kind of stick sometimes .. and need to be coaxed ..
    there's a guy around the corner who repairs vintage english cars
    i wonder if he just uses a hammer
    sounds much easier than the usual carb rebuild, brake rebuild, clutch rebuild

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Had to chuckle - back in college, when I first dated my now husband, Ken had a 1971 Plymouth GTX. It would frequently not start and he'd get out and hit something under the hood with a hammer and it would start right up. So it's not just British cars! We still have this car and it starts and runs much better now.
    That was the starter, all starters that are "starting to go" can be hammered to make them work, there are teeth, some if the teeth snap off and so won't engage the gears, so you hammer the side if it, and the knock/vibration moves the teeth just enough to get them to spin and start, it works for a little while till too many teeth break.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All, I cannot ever envisage a need to edge sign sheet film, the benefit to some would be outweighed by the inconvenience to others. As always, any suggestions or ideas are always welcome but this is a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it moment' . I was though fairly taken aback by the impuning of the Lucus Company in this thread ! Who cannot have enjoyed the melodic and reassuring constant ticking of your Lucas fuel pump in your 60's or 70' British built car... And tell me how mNy car components today can you fix with a flamboyant blow with a hammer and impress your passengers no end. Note to readers, if anyone has bought a 'classic' British car of this period and you found a hammer in the boot...it's not unusual at all.... Simon Ilford Photo / Harman technology
    Understood... Now about that 4x5 PanF+... Hehe or maybe you can call the new film PanS for Stone I like PanFS also, or PanF2 I suppose if you can't include the S

(If that ever happens it would be awesome, anythings possible, I do feel like I was a major contributor to the 70mm double perf happening) haha

Squeaky wheel...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Squeaky wheel...
    Be careful; very careful... someone might be tempted to hit it with a hammer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Be careful; very careful... someone might be tempted to hit it with a hammer.
    Hahahahahahhaa! That was awesome!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    That was the starter, all starters that are "starting to go" can be hammered to make them work, there are teeth, some if the teeth snap off and so won't engage the gears, so you hammer the side if it, and the knock/vibration moves the teeth just enough to get them to spin and start, it works for a little while till too many teeth break.
    Nice story, but, like so many of your other posts, wrong.

It is actually to reseat worn brushes. It is an electrical contact issue, not some BS about broken teeth.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Will Ilford Sheet Film ever get edge markings?

Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Nice story, but, like so many of your other posts, wrong.

It is actually to reseat worn brushes. It is an electrical contact issue, not some BS about broken teeth.
    Individual metal brushes = metal teeth... Geeze... I said you hit it and the vibration allows it to move again... Sorry I didn't say "align"

You people are too literal sometimes.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Individual metal brushes = metal teeth... Geeze... I said you hit it and the vibration allows it to move again... Sorry I didn't say "align"

You people are too literal sometimes.
    Yet another wrong story. The bushes are graphite. They don't have teeth. They wear down; not break. Again, it's an electrical contact issue, not some BS jammed gear issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you still have that wheel? I need 2 more
    I have a couple that I can send you, I take them out. Clever design though. PM me if you want'em.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin