Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,815   Online: 746

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Not listed at their website.
    They ARE listed:
    http://www.amstat.com/products/ioniz...tatic-brushes/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you!
    (My fault. Wrong setting of screen enlargement. Made me think that pop-up window would end one category above...)

I never saw these brushes over here. I tried to find out whether they are legal here. So far I could not find anything precise, but hints to the contrary.

Alternatively one can use high-voltage ionisation instead.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Any cleanroom supply will have plug-in ionized guns that will hook up to a low-pressure air line. The electronics tech industry uses all kinds of
    such gadgets and special materials. I don't know about EU sources, but around here in the heart of techie land, such stuff is readily available
    from multiple sources. But the key to this anywhere is probably to look that direction rather than to photo stores. Another excellent collection of sources would be used lab or printing gear outlets. Sometimes really nice stuff can be had downright free, since many traditional pro photo labs and printing houses have gone out of business for one reason or another. The average camera store in this day and age probably wouldn't
    even know what you were talking about.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most ionizers over here come from techie land I guess.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank goodness I found this thread. I was about to buy a refill for my Staticmaster and about had a heart attack when I saw the price. No thanks. I'll be trying the ilford cloths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Needless to say ILFORD Anti-Staticum Cloths are designed to clean negs and lenses and cameras
    Good to know - unfortunately not available from your local distributor so have added a couple to my next B&H order.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyfalls View Post
    Thank goodness I found this thread. I was about to buy a refill for my Staticmaster and about had a heart attack when I saw the price. No thanks. I'll be trying the ilford cloths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think you will be disappointed. It is low tech but works very well and looks as if it will last forever

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a 1" Staticmaster brush I bought back in the early "80's" and when I first used it I could actually see the dust jump, ever so slightly, from the negative to the brush hairs themselves. Of course the radioactive charge has long expired and all I have now is a 1" brush. With refills costing an arm, leg and left testicle it looks like I'll always have just a 1" brush. The cost increase is far beyond the cost of inflation and I wouldn't care if I had more money than brains, I still wouldn't buy a refill knowing I'm being taken advantage of. There's a sucker born everyday, but this guy wasn't born yesterday. I'll try the Ilford cloth or just keep using my fine sable brush and blower. JW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin